cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fresh water drain

LaTriker
Explorer
Explorer
I own a 2019 Fleetwood Jamboree 30F. I cannot find the fresh water drain. Have called Fleetwood but they were no help. Can any Jamboree owners help?
17 REPLIES 17

LaTriker
Explorer
Explorer
You access the drain from inside the RV.

schlep1967
Explorer III
Explorer III
LaTriker wrote:
The water tank is located on the curb side under the bed. The drain valve comes out of the tank under the center of the bed. I understand the need for that location just donโ€™t understand why they had to secure the cover with six screws knowing the owner will need to access the valve.

I think I would add a hinge to one side of that cover and do away with a few screws.
2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500 Diesel
2022 Montana Legacy 3931FB
Pull-Rite Super Glide 4500

Bordercollie
Explorer
Explorer
Terminology!! Our 2004 Tioga has a plastic spigot for emptying the fresh water tank just behind the driver side door. The "low point drain valves" are located behind a panel on the outside of the bathroom wall, but they are hard to reach and hard to turn. I had to get access through a hole in the wall, behind the converter charger, under the rear dinette seat. If you don't shut those #%* valves completely, your water pump will cycle or continue to run. I vowed to never mess with the "low point drain valves" again when sanitizing the fresh water system. Luckily we don't have to use and purge anti-freeze solution here in southern CA.

DoghouseTravele
Explorer
Explorer
Iโ€™m so glad I found this thread! I have a Holiday Rambler Vesta 30F (virtually the exact same model as the Jamboree 30F). I asked my dealership about the fresh water drain and was told there was not one. I have looked everywhere. Based on your post, I guess I now know where to look. Stupid question - did you access this panel from inside your RV (under the bed) or from under the RV?

Dusty_R
Explorer
Explorer
A couple of our low point drains were behind a wood panel held on with 4 screws, inside a wood frame. I added a magnet cupboard door latch/holder and a wood knob to pull it out. Works very well.

Dusty

Bordercollie
Explorer
Explorer
Hope you have easy access to "low-point" drain valves. They are "inaccessible" behind a cover on the bathroom wall on our Tioga. Had to get to valves by removing dinette seat and converter charger. Plumbing designers must be sadistic.

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
LaTriker, good question as to why they do things like that. Mechanics at the dealerships complain about these dumb builds too. We are not alone.
Just alter that cover to make it easier for yourself. You might be able to just leave it off.
I use an 8" marine deck plate that I simply unscrew to access my bypass valves. Its installed on the plywood platform that supports the mattress. It also allows me peek inside to actually view my water level in my tank for a real reading of my water level.
Happy trails, be well.

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
LaTriker wrote:
The water tank is located on the curb side under the bed. The drain valve comes out of the tank under the center of the bed. I understand the need for that location just donโ€™t understand why they had to secure the cover with six screws knowing the owner will need to access the valve.

On my Tioga the fresh tank is located under the front dinette seat,the plywood cover is also screwed down but it has a removable area that when removed you can get to the valve. Maybe when you have the cover off you should make one like mine.

When you pull it out it is easy to get to the drain valve.

It would make it easier next time.:B No screws just a finger hole!!
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

LaTriker
Explorer
Explorer

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
Viewing pics of that floorplan , just my opinion:
I would think its a setup as you showed with a cover on it.
If the valve was located under the bed, I'm assuming the tank is also located under the bed due to that floorplan and the location of the outside gravity fill port.
Its a driver side full wall slide floorplan which would leave the passenger side to house the water tank which usually needs a solid floor for support opposed to a slide floor. It appears under the queen bed is the only place for the installation of a water tank in the 50 gallon size range.

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
LaTriker wrote:
Found the valve. It was under the bed, under a panel that was attached to the floor with six screws. I donโ€™t think they wanted me to find it.

Good to know, thanks for coming back,was it near the water tank or somewhere in between?
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

LaTriker
Explorer
Explorer
Found the valve. It was under the bed, under a panel that was attached to the floor with six screws. I donโ€™t think they wanted me to find it.

dicknellen
Explorer
Explorer
usually basic things like that are covered in the owners manual. In all the motor homes we have owned the fresh water drain valve is near the water pump, can you find the water pump?

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
I would give dealer a call - your rigs brand new and hopefully a salesman/tech will be available and give you answer.
Kevin