Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Class C Motorhomes: Fresh water drain
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Fresh water drain

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
LaTriker

Ruston, LA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/10/19 12:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I own a 2019 Fleetwood Jamboree 30F. I cannot find the fresh water drain. Have called Fleetwood but they were no help. Can any Jamboree owners help?

IAMICHABOD

Sunny So Cal 90713

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/10/19 12:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you can get to your water tank check and see if it has a valve like this one at one end,just turn it and it empties the fresh water tank.

That how my Fleetwood Tioga is.
[image]

2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental

Buying A Rental Class C

Chevrolet Based Class C

bobndot

USA

View Profile

Posted: 10/10/19 01:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It is usually below or near the outside gravity fill port for the freshwater tank. Those fill ports are in close proximity to the holding tank which is also near the drain tube.

Sometimes they put the valve inside an exterior compartment by accessing a small door or panel near the water pump. Locate your water pump and look for a valve.

Sometimes the 2 low point drains also incorporate the freshwater drain, When you open the H/C low point drains, if the cold line seems like its taking a lot longer to drain, then you found it.
Low point drains could be inside a removable panel under the fridge or under a cabinet. Some units have the low point drain exposed under the rv.

rockhillmanor

On the Road

View Profile

Posted: 10/10/19 05:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

LaTriker wrote:

I own a 2019 Fleetwood Jamboree 30F. I cannot find the fresh water drain. Have called Fleetwood but they were no help. Can any Jamboree owners help?

They would not help you?
I'd be back on that phone until you were connected to a person that would.

If all else fails I found going back to the dealership and talking to the service manager. They will tell you in a nano second where that drain is!

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

ksg5000

Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 10/11/19 09:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would give dealer a call - your rigs brand new and hopefully a salesman/tech will be available and give you answer.

Kevin

dicknellen

Fallon Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 10/11/19 12:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

usually basic things like that are covered in the owners manual. In all the motor homes we have owned the fresh water drain valve is near the water pump, can you find the water pump?

LaTriker

Ruston, LA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/11/19 08:25pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Found the valve. It was under the bed, under a panel that was attached to the floor with six screws. I don’t think they wanted me to find it.

IAMICHABOD

Sunny So Cal 90713

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/11/19 09:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

LaTriker wrote:

Found the valve. It was under the bed, under a panel that was attached to the floor with six screws. I don’t think they wanted me to find it.

Good to know, thanks for coming back,was it near the water tank or somewhere in between?

bobndot

USA

View Profile

Posted: 10/12/19 08:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Viewing pics of that floorplan , just my opinion:
I would think its a setup as you showed with a cover on it.
If the valve was located under the bed, I'm assuming the tank is also located under the bed due to that floorplan and the location of the outside gravity fill port.
Its a driver side full wall slide floorplan which would leave the passenger side to house the water tank which usually needs a solid floor for support opposed to a slide floor. It appears under the queen bed is the only place for the installation of a water tank in the 50 gallon size range.

LaTriker

Ruston, LA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/12/19 06:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The water tank is located on the curb side under the bed. The drain valve comes out of the tank under the center of the bed. I understand the need for that location just don’t understand why they had to secure the cover with six screws knowing the owner will need to access the valve.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Fresh water drain
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS