Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Boycott “No Campfires”
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Boycott “No Campfires”

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 17  
Prev  |  Next
Terryallan

Foothills NC

View Profile

Posted: 10/11/19 08:55am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jplante4 wrote:

I guess this explains the recent trend of putting electric fireplaces under the 60 inch TV in RVs lately. I thought it was silly, but maybe the manufacturers were onto something.

[image]

No you are right. it is silly. I don't go camping to sit inside. My last trip. The TV wasn't even turned on. We cook outside, we eat outside, we sit outside. We sleep inside.
If I was going to sit inside and watch TV. I'd just stay home.

Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

Terryallan

Foothills NC

View Profile

Posted: 10/11/19 09:06am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yolue wrote:

My recent “no propane campfires” experience had nothing to do with a fire ban. was simply the private park’s rules. Near my small trailer park we lost 14,000 acres of mostly public lands last year...started by lighting. Forest have always had fires...the question is how much of our “rights” do we lose to protect against the possibility of a fire? Years ago I struggled with a missouri county over their ban on swimming from lake shores. In the public meeting a ranger said “mr...have you ever pulled a drowned young girl out of a lake?”. I responded...”no and that has to be the most horrible experience...but then maybe you should drain the lake”. Towns all over america have or will ban winter sledding in their parks. How far we will let this kind of “protection” go?

Yep yep.

I myself survives drinking from a water /garden / hose pipe, riding in the back of trucks, riding bikes without helmets, and the dreaded swimming in the lake, plus waterskiing with only a ski belt.
Yeah, back in the day. We lived on the edge. Just didn't know it. We just lived.

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 10/11/19 09:07am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What is really stupid is to say no propane fire pits!

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 10/11/19 09:11am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Terryallan wrote:

Old-Biscuit wrote:

No Campfires..........PLEASE post those CGs
Call them out
We should start an ongoing list that gets updated frequently

That way I can pick which ones I will partonize cause I hate campfires!

Not so much hate them.....it's just there are MORE & More inept campers that do NOT know how to have a campfire.
They think smoldering/smokey is good vs an actual fire
And then they go inside!

YEAH.CGs with NO Campfires.
I like the concept

Smoky fires keep the bugs away. I always have a little smoky fire
Given the choice between smoky, stinky fires or bugs, I'll take the bugs every time. And the only way it keeps the bugs away is if you sit in the smoke. Boy is that pleasant.

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 10/11/19 09:13am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Terryallan wrote:

jplante4 wrote:

I guess this explains the recent trend of putting electric fireplaces under the 60 inch TV in RVs lately. I thought it was silly, but maybe the manufacturers were onto something.

No you are right. it is silly. I don't go camping to sit inside. My last trip. The TV wasn't even turned on. We cook outside, we eat outside, we sit outside. We sleep inside.
Aren't you glad everyone isn't just like you. We don't "camp", we gave up tents years ago. Now we RV.

CFerguson

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 10/11/19 09:19am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yolue wrote:

We RVers need to Boycott places that don’t allow a special part of the camping experience...”campfires”. It’s bad enough that so many places don’t allow wood fires but not allowing propane campfires is beyond ridiculous.

We carry in our RV a variety of equipment and supplies for a campfire and it’s so disappointing to not be able to use them and enjoy that experience.

I own a small RV park and when we are in a burning ban I have had people cancel their reservation...”Really, we can’t have a campfire?...we will book another time”

I will not book anymore places that don’t allow a campfire.

My god, the Arrogance.
How about you camp where you want and I camp where I want. Not everyone likes to camp the same way.

Personally, I could care less about this issue. But the implication that Everyone should do as the OP prefers is just.........well, you know.

ScottG

Bothell Wa.

View Profile

Posted: 10/11/19 09:28am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Nice job cleaning up this thread Mod. It would have been easier just to delete it but you obviously made a huge effort to sort it out.
Thanks!

Scott, Grace and Wesly
2003 Dodge 3500 4x4, 6 speed Cummins.
2018 Silver Fox 32A.
H0NDA eu2000i

Terryallan

Foothills NC

View Profile

Posted: 10/11/19 09:52am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fj12ryder wrote:

Terryallan wrote:

jplante4 wrote:

Aren't you glad everyone isn't just like you. We don't "camp", we gave up tents years ago. Now we RV.

We RV at the beach. We camp in the mountains. And you don't want to cook inside at the CGs we go to. Cooking inside puts cooking grease, and food smells inside your RV. Bears love the smell of bacon, eggs, and well what ever you cook inside. So we cook outside, so as not to invite them in. Plus I don't want that cooking grease all over my beds, or TV, or sofa, Well I just don't want it in my RV.

Terryallan

Foothills NC

View Profile

Posted: 10/11/19 09:57am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fj12ryder wrote:

Terryallan wrote:

Old-Biscuit wrote:

No Campfires..........PLEASE post those CGs
Call them out
We should start an ongoing list that gets updated frequently

That way I can pick which ones I will partonize cause I hate campfires!

Not so much hate them.....it's just there are MORE & More inept campers that do NOT know how to have a campfire.
They think smoldering/smokey is good vs an actual fire
And then they go inside!

YEAH.CGs with NO Campfires.
I like the concept

Smoky fires keep the bugs away. I always have a little smoky fire
Given the choice between smoky, stinky fires or bugs, I'll take the bugs every time. And the only way it keeps the bugs away is if you sit in the smoke. Boy is that pleasant.

Not really. The fires will help keep them away, and we also use citronella candles. You don't mind candles do you? AND it is really hard to make stick biscuits if you don't have a fire, and no. you can't make them on a propane fire.

I do however put out my fires before I go to bed. I keep a hose ready at all times. All I got to do it water it down when we are done with it.

Trekkar

Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 10/11/19 10:30am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bert Ackerman wrote:

Lol, the best thread ever. Campgrounds that are so full of smoke they look like a fogbank? Where the hell are some of you folks camping?

Hyperbole is wasted on you Helots![emoticon]

2001 RoadTrek 190

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 17  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Boycott “No Campfires”
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.