cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Recommendations for Receiving Mail while Full Timing?

precioustime
Explorer II
Explorer II
Will be full timing soon and have heard of MyRVMail, American Mailbox and USA2Me for having mail sent to us while traveling. Any opinions on these? Any others to check out? Leaving Florida soon towards who knows!Advantages and disadvantages? Costs? Reliability?
13 REPLIES 13

monkey44
Nomad II
Nomad II
USPS is United States Postal Service - your regular mailman. It now has a division that delivers parcels as well, in competition with and sometimes in partnership with UPS - Untied Parcel Service, the brown truck!!

The private mail services and mail forwarding services are independent of those, and run as a private enterprise.
Monkey44
Cape Cod Ma & Central Fla
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845
Back-country camping fanatic

Ro_n_Joe
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry.... At the Oklaloosa Co office in Crestview, FL
2020 Dutch Star 4328 on FL Chassis
2018 Grand Cherokee Limited
Ready Brute Elite Towbar & Road Master Wiring

Ro_n_Joe
Explorer
Explorer
MyRVmail.com in Crestview has been great to work with thus far. It also only took 1.5 hrs to obtain our drivers licences and establish our domicile at the Crestview County Bldg.
2020 Dutch Star 4328 on FL Chassis
2018 Grand Cherokee Limited
Ready Brute Elite Towbar & Road Master Wiring

accsys
Explorer
Explorer
rockhillmanor wrote:
I used USPS STORE. They provide a real address.
Emphasis on the word 'store'. It is NOT the United postal service.
https://www.theupsstore.com/

I locate a 'USPS Store' where I am at and I sign up.

Then I go to the official United Postal Service on line and click on forward my mail to that address. https://www.usa.gov/post-office#item-213659

Post office forwarding is good for 4 months. If I stay longer than 4 months or move location you just go back and renew your forwarding to new USPS STORE where you are at.

Lol I did this for over 6 years! :C

I believe you mean UPS STORE not USPS STORE. USPS is the United States Parcel Service, in other words the post office. UPS is the United Parcel Service which has no association with the government.
John & Doris
Doris and Robbies Blogs
2017 Cedar Creek Cottage 40 CCK
FMCA F380583, PA, Good Sams

LadyRVer
Explorer
Explorer
I have used St. Brendan's Isle in Green Cove Springs for the last 10 months.
Have not been disappointed, mail arrived when and where I needed it to go and could count on the day it was supposed to have been there. I have FL residency.

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
I used USPS STORE. They provide a real address.
Emphasis on the word 'store'. It is NOT the United postal service.
https://www.theupsstore.com/

I locate a 'USPS Store' where I am at and I sign up.

Then I go to the official United Postal Service on line and click on forward my mail to that address. https://www.usa.gov/post-office#item-213659

Post office forwarding is good for 4 months. If I stay longer than 4 months or move location you just go back and renew your forwarding to new USPS STORE where you are at.

Lol I did this for over 6 years! :C

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
chiefneon wrote:
Howdy!

Weโ€™ve been using Escapees Mail Service for over 13 years and they have provided us with great service. Itโ€™s my understanding they now provide mail service for not only Texas but also South Dakota and Florida

Escapees mail service

โ€œHappy Trailsโ€
Chiefneon

Well sort of, they provide mailing addresses in FL and SD which along with TX are the major RV preferred domicile states. But they ship all the mail back to Texas and process it there. I've heard some belly-aching about that, why I don't know. We aren't going to start using one until May 20 when I think we will use St Brendan's Isle.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

chiefneon
Explorer
Explorer
Howdy!

Weโ€™ve been using Escapees Mail Service for over 13 years and they have provided us with great service. Itโ€™s my understanding they now provide mail service for not only Texas but also South Dakota and Florida

Escapees mail service

โ€œHappy Trailsโ€
Chiefneon

monkey44
Nomad II
Nomad II
Yes, X2 in Florida, St Brendan's Isle in Green Cove Springs. Been using it for about eight years, never once had a problem. Very pleasant folks in office too.
Monkey44
Cape Cod Ma & Central Fla
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845
Back-country camping fanatic

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad
I have been FT since 2006 and I am very happy with My Home Address SD. Tell them PMB 1312 recommended them.
Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos

accsys
Explorer
Explorer
agesilaus wrote:
A lot depends on what state you domicile in. If you retain a Florida address then it doesn't matter. If you want a mail service that gives you a Florida address for domicile purposes then you have more limited choices. There is Escapees, I think Passport America uses an outfit in Tampa and there is another on Green Cove Springs that a lot of people like. There maybe others that I don't know about.
That would be St. Brendan's Isle. We have used them since 2006 and love them!!
John & Doris
Doris and Robbies Blogs
2017 Cedar Creek Cottage 40 CCK
FMCA F380583, PA, Good Sams

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
A lot depends on what state you domicile in. If you retain a Florida address then it doesn't matter. If you want a mail service that gives you a Florida address for domicile purposes then you have more limited choices. There is Escapees, I think Passport America uses an outfit in Tampa and there is another on Green Cove Springs that a lot of people like. There maybe others that I don't know about.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

janstey58
Explorer
Explorer
I am interested in comparisons, best providers for this type of service also.
Jeff and Kim
2015 Fleetwood Discovery 40E
Freightliner Chassis 380HP DP
2012 Ford Escape Limited Toad