cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cummins/Onan Air Filter Removal

PhilandJoyce
Explorer
Explorer
Have a '14 Minnie Winnie with a C/O 4000 onboard.
We haven't had to run it a lot, but I still like to keep up with maintenance and winterizing.
We've not had ANY issues with the unit.
Went to pull the air filter for a quick "blow-out", just because.
Spun off the wing-nut for the cover.
Removed the cover.
Spun off the wing-nut for the filter.
Air filter moves out, BUT, no matter what direction I turn it, I can NOT get it past the threaded post.
Called C/O and was told by the "tech" Brian, that I might have to take the entire shroud off to get the filter out.
WHAT?
The unit is MOUNTED under the RV!!!
I am NOT going to drop the entire unit just to pull the shroud just to check the air filter.

Signed,
"Pulling My Hair Because Of Another Winnebago Design Flaw"
4 REPLIES 4

RedRollingRoadb
Explorer
Explorer
Can't remember the details now but you have to get it angled just perfect, use adult words or pray, take a break, then it comes out. To reinstall about the same.

bounder39zman
Explorer II
Explorer II
O.P. is correct. If you move it around, there is an angle that it will clear and come out. Just gotta work with it a bit. Be careful using air nozzle to blow out filter, be gentle...too much air pressure can separate media fibers and filter will then pass more dirt than it should.

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
Air filter on my Onan is PIA to remove - welcome to RVing. I am one of those RVers who tend to run their generator monthly for a couple of hrs as recommended by Onan - as such I don't put enough hours on it to mess with the air filter - I do change the oil and filter annually.
Kevin

ADAD437
Explorer
Explorer
i have the same problem on a 2011 freelander/w 4000, found if you work with it you will find a sweet spot where it will come out. patience.

James,Gail & Pancho
2005 georgie boy Pursuit

๐Ÿ˜›