cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Sydney outback converter replace

eldee
Explorer
Explorer
The power converter in my 2011 keystone Sydney outback is getting weak. I have located it buried deep in the basement storage area. It is almost inaccessible. Has anybody else experienced this, and how did they get to it to replace it?
Thanks, Larry
1 REPLY 1

eldee
Explorer
Explorer
Well, I had to figure this one out for myself!
First, remove a small plywood access panel in the basement storage area. This exposed some water piping and wires, which the wires led to the converter that was still even deeper in the belly of the camper.
Alright, not for the chubby or claustrophobic, or less than agile folk, I crawl into the storage area and can finally get a good look at this converter by poking my head through the pipes and wiring. Four screws holding it in, two I can see, two I cannot. Back out the two I can see, get a small pry bar and pry the converter loose from the other two screws. Undo the positive, negative and ground wires, and voila! Converter is free!!
I only went through this long dissertation for the benefit of anyone else who might have this problem in the future, maybe my experience will help them.
Larry