cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Wax on my Motorhome fiberglass roof

Purpleheart
Explorer
Explorer
Just washed my fiberglass roof on my motorhome, and waxed it.
My question is, can I leave the wax on for a couple of months?
Or, it would be better to buff it out now.
Thanks in advance.
Purpleheart
2005 Meridian Itasca Class A Motorhome
2005 Honda Pilot
10 REPLIES 10

steved28
Explorer
Explorer
There are a plethora of new sealant products on the market today that are making wax obsolete. Products like F-11 etc. They are more expensive, last longer, and much easier to apply.
2019 Winnebago Sunstar LX 35F
2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ Sahara

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
I wax my fiberglass roof with a spray wax ( Optimum) - It has UV protectants that supposedly last 5 months.... I probably wash/wax the roof every 3-4 months, so I'm good. My roof has non-skid areas on each side for the length of the coach. Using regular wax on those embossed areas is a pain. The spray wax does a good job on both the non-skid and the smooth areas.
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
We use a wash & wax car wash also, does a great job. Many regular waxes say to not use on fiberglass. I would also be concerned about the roof being slippery.

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Makes exactly no difference if you can't see it. If you are worried about cosmetics, wipe it off. Otherwise, have a great day!
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

John_Wayne
Explorer II
Explorer II
I go to the dollar store and get 2 or 3 foam mops wash the roof then spray on Protectall and spread it with the foam mop and don't worry about buffing it off and I can do it all standing up.
John & Carol Life members
01 31'Sea View single slide, F53 V-10 with 134,000 miles and counting.
2012 Jeep Liberty Smi brake system
Security by Bentley
God Bless

KF6HCH

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
I wash my roof with one of the automotive washing liquids that contain WAX. I wash the roof, rinse it off, and done. It does well to repel the water and is not slippery.

crawford
Explorer
Explorer
wax on a coaches roof makes no sense to me a accident waiting to happen. There has to be a better way to take care of roof with out wax where you will be walking on it?
Change from a c class to a A class Georgetown 07 triple slide

olfarmer
Explorer
Explorer
ScottG wrote:
After it dries for more than the normal amount of time, it can be TOUGH to get off.
I'd get it off sooner than later.

Wow, yes wax that is on too long is really hard to get polished! I don't know what would happen if you never buffed it???
Ed & Ruby & the 2 cats
2001 Winnebago Brave 30W
7.4 gas Work Horse Chassis
99 Jeep Grand Cherokee

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
After it dries for more than the normal amount of time, it can be TOUGH to get off.
I'd get it off sooner than later.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
I always buff.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad