cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Wineguard, Wally, Dish Network

tpwelker
Explorer
Explorer
I have a manual crank up Wineguard single head satelite antenna, wally receiver and DISH network as my provider. A year ago while having my roof recoated by RV Armor i decided to run new coax out through the roof from the ceiling and replaced the coupling in the ceiling as well. I used RG6 coax and the coupling is rated for RG6 digital satelite systems. Ever since that I seem to have trouble loosing signal on certain channels that sometime reappear later or complete signal loss. sometimes it appears it jumps satelites, I'll be on 61.5 and it will appear its on 119. I think it might be a bad connection, I have replaced the LNB and traded my Wally in for another. Still having issues. I'm looking at making a better connection in the ceiling. I would love to pull new coax but not sure that is possible in my 2002 Damon Intruder. Has anyone had similar issues or had luck pulling new coax thru an RV ceiling.

Thanks in advance,
Todd
4 REPLIES 4

tpwelker
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you all for your advice, I think when RV Armor comes by this month to do some work Iโ€™ll have them open up the roof connection and look to make a better connection there. If that fails then or later Iโ€™ll run new continuous coax down through my fridge vent, under the coach and come up through one ov my storage bays through the floor and into my tv cabinet. Iโ€™m lucky my Damon has the tv in the corner cabinet on the floor, not above the dash. I donโ€™t want any more holes in the roof. Camping was quite a bit different when I first started with my tent and transistor radio. But I love it anyway I can get it, always a happy camper.

Todd

Housted
Explorer III
Explorer III
I ran the coax from the sat dome to the area around a vent pipe so I could have a run with no splices or connectors except at each end. I used 3/8" pex pipe to provide a UV shield and to enable me to fasten the coax to the roof. 3/8" pex is a perfect fit for the RG6 coax.

Housted
2019 Forrest River Forrester 3051S 2014 Honda CRV toad.
1000 W Solar, converted to 50 amp
400 Amps of LiFePO4,3000 Watt Inverter, Refer converted with JC refrigeration unit, Sofa replaced with 2 swivel chairs, over cab bed converted to TV mount and storage

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you don't see an easy route to get the cable from the current location through the ceiling just ignore the original run and run the coax across the roof to a better entry location. This might be directly above a lighting fixture where you can continue the run to the receiver or in the cap directly to the receiver. Just don't be concerned about maintaining the exact same run.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

DFord
Explorer
Explorer
We're at home trying to watch TV through our Vip211k receiver via a 3 LNB standard Dish Network antenna but on way too many occasions to count, our signal drops and we see the "signal lost" error pop up. Pressing the GUIDE button brings it back the picture just fine in a small window alongside the GUIDE. After a couple of minutes, the guide times out and as it switches back to regular viewing, we get the signal lost error again. It didn't make any difference which channel we watched or if it was HD or not. We're using the western arc satellites 110-119-129. We finally turned on the radio. It's working fine this evening.
Don Ford
2004 Safari Trek 31SBD (F53/V10 20,500GVW)
'09 HHR 2LT or '97 Aerostar MiniVan (Remco driveshaft disconnect) for Towed vehicles
BlueOx Aventa II Towbar - ReadyBrake Inertia Brake System