cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Roadmaster Rear Anti Sway Bar on 2017-2019 SuperDuty

BradW
Explorer II
Explorer II
OK, just got back from our first real road trip with the new truck and camper. Didn't take long for me to realize I had a lot more sway with this truck/camper (2018 F350, DRW, tembrens, oem shocks, longer/heavier camper with CG farther back) than our last one (2006 F350 DRW, timbrens, rancho 9000s, shorter/lighter camper).

Looks like I will be ordering a bigger rear ant-sway bar; Roadmaster (1139-193). Anyone installed this sway bar on a 2017-2019 F350? If so, how much sway reduction did you get?

Thanks, bradw
Wake Up America
2019 Lance 1062 and 2018 F-350 CC PSD 4X4 DRW
Tembrens, Rear Roadmaster Sway Bar, Torklift 48" Extention and 30K Superhitch
Our New Lance 1062 Truck Camper Unloading at Dealer Photos
16 REPLIES 16

BradW
Explorer II
Explorer II
TC Mag started out with a 1-1/4, then went to a 1-3/8 diameter. The Roadmaster is a massive 1-1/2" diameter.
Wake Up America

bighatnohorse
Explorer II
Explorer II
BradW wrote:
Tizi wrote:
Huge difference in my Rams sway after installing the roadmaster. great upgrade.

Thanks all for the info. I ordered it a few monutes ago and will report the results in a few weeks.
Thanks
Bradw

Which diameter did you get? Did you call them first? TC Magazine reported on their Roadmaster sway bar a few months ago - big improvement but they had one installed and then had to upgrade to a slightly larger diameter.
I guess it depends on the camper weight and height.
2021 Arctic Fox 1150
'15 F350 6.7 diesel dually long bed
Eagle Cap Owners
โ€œThe best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity."
-Yeats

scooterh
Explorer
Explorer
TxGearhead wrote:
I put a Hellwig Big Wig on the RAM. It works. Almost too good. I disconnect it when not carrying the camper.

TxGearhead.
Sent you a private message

TxGearhead
Explorer
Explorer
I put a Hellwig Big Wig on the RAM. It works. Almost too good. I disconnect it when not carrying the camper.
2018 Ram 3500 CC LB DRW 4X4 Cummins Aisin Laramie Pearl White
2018 Landmark Oshkosh
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4
2014 NauticStar 21 ShallowBay 150HP Yamaha
2016 GoDevil 18X44 35HP Surface Drive

BradW
Explorer II
Explorer II
Tizi wrote:

Thanks all for the info. I ordered it a few monutes ago and will report the results in a few weeks.
Thanks
Bradw
Wake Up America

Tizi
Explorer
Explorer
2008 Dodge Ram 2500 QC 4x4 - HEMI
2007 Northern Lite 10.2 RR
Tizi's Transformer by Whazoo

lakeside013104
Explorer
Explorer
Installed a HellWig bar on my 2016 F-350 SWD 4x4. No need for Timbers on my unit. The sway disappeared about 90% without Timbers. I drove to Alaska and back with no issues and we had big winds in Wyoming hitting the side of the TC. I am very happy with the reduction of sway when a semi drives past at 80 MPH. Instead of feeling like your being pushed off the road, only a slight 'push' is felt as the big boys fly by. No problem at all.

Lakeside

stevenal
Nomad
Nomad
Inboard
'18 Bigfoot 1500 Torklifts and Fastguns
'17 F350 Powerstroke Supercab SRW LB 4X4

otrfun
Explorer II
Explorer II
If the Timbrens mount inboard of your leaf springs on your '18 F350, it's possible the Timbrens are aggravating your sway situation. If they are mounted inboard, may want to consider removing the Timbrens and installing a set of upper and lower Torklift Stableloads. The Stableloads work/operate in the most outboard position possible (on the leaf springs) so they're able to provide both sag and sway reduction.

FWIW, Truck Camper Magazine reviewed the larger diameter RM sway bar and reported a significant decrease in sway.

GeoBoy
Explorer
Explorer
Brad, I installed a Roadmaster on my GMC and it helped. I have to believe that 1 1/2โ€ Roadmaster swaybar is going to really help, looks to be an easy install.;)

stevenal
Nomad
Nomad
I put the 173 on my 2017 SRW, along with upper Stableloads. I liked it so much, I put a 180 on the front. Yes, it makes a difference.
I put Timbrens on my last truck, and found they increased sway due to the inboard mounting location. I corrected it with a Roadmaster also.
'18 Bigfoot 1500 Torklifts and Fastguns
'17 F350 Powerstroke Supercab SRW LB 4X4

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
So from light camper on dually you "upgraded" to heavier camper on SRW?
My 2017 F350 dually makes no sway. At least not to degree I would notice, even when my load scaled at 6500 lb.
So I wonder if getting dually sway bar on SRW is doable?

Dome
Explorer
Explorer
Tork lift has a product called stableloafds, upper or lower versions. you might look into them. They engaged your over load spring when loaded. My rig never engaged the over load springs when camper was on. Now the stable loads engaged the over loads. I have airbags also and I air them up till the stable load just tuoch the spring. For me these system nearly eliminated all sway.

BradW
Explorer II
Explorer II
My truck came with the factory rear sway bar, but it ain't doing the job. The RM sway bar has a larger diameter.
Wake Up America