dennych1
Explorer
Explorer
I have 1 1/4 space between cabover to antenna you think it’s enough
6 REPLIES 6

Dave_Pete
Explorer II
Explorer II
I lost reception on my 2006 dodge Sirius antenna with the cabover on. Very weak signal from space. Buy an aftermarket magnet antennae and mount it near the hood rear edge. Run the line in a firewall grommet and to you radio. That worked good for me. Then later I canceled the service and saved my money!

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
There’s two parts to this question: 1)will you damage the antenna 2)will you get reception. I think 1 is easier than 2. For 2, you might want to consider relocating the antenna.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

dennych1
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2019 Ford F-350 and talking about xm antenna truck camper warehouse said should have 1 to 1.5” so I added 3/4 plywood now have 2 1/4” should be good

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Inch and a quarter? Your profile doesn’t indicate your truck make or model. You have no signature. So I don’t know.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
I slightly bend mine.

TCINTN
Explorer
Explorer
which antenna?
"But if not"
"Nevertheless"