cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

flooring

GATJcampers
Explorer
Explorer
Hello Everyone. Just wanted to get your opinions on flooring options for my pass through compartment on my toy hauler. I just finished repairing the water damaged floor in the compartment. It's almost completely flat plywood covered with killz primer. it's about 4 X 8 in size and I will have to cut around wires and pipes etc. I slide stuff in and out of that compartment often. I was considering some vinyl tiles? Opinions??
9 REPLIES 9

smarty
Explorer
Explorer
I used floating vinyl planking that locks together. It is waterproof. Placed a bead of caulk around the outside edges. Works like a charm.

B_O__Plenty
Explorer II
Explorer II
Many things will work. Just stay away fro self stick tiles. They work for a short time then they start to pop loose.
B.O.
Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
I used similar panels to what dutch used in the bedroom. I added a piece of carpet where I store the hitch.

Oasisbob
Explorer
Explorer
I suggest a reasonable quality linoleum. Remember trailers, especially toy haulers, are prone to alot of moisture. The lock together flooring popped apart in a friends RV on a bumpy road. What a surprise. Best of luck
Oasis Bob
Wonderful wife 3 of 4 kids at home. 1 proudly serving in USAF
2018 Ford Explorer
2001 Bantam Trail Lite B-19

HAPPY TRAILS:)

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
GATJcampers wrote:
Hello Everyone. Just wanted to get your opinions on flooring options for my pass through compartment on my toy hauler. I just finished repairing the water damaged floor in the compartment. It's almost completely flat plywood covered with killz primer. it's about 4 X 8 in size and I will have to cut around wires and pipes etc. I slide stuff in and out of that compartment often. I was considering some vinyl tiles? Opinions??

Close to my first choice.. Ollie's (Great stuff cheap) has vinly planks Like tile but longer and narrower. Peal and stick.. I using that on my brand new slide out floor... Looks real nice. and not all that expensive.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
How about those interlocking foam floor tiles. They make the more "adult" version click here and for kids rooms Click here too.

A few years ago I remodeled one of our bedrooms for my grandson when he and my son came to live with us. The carpet in the room was completely removed and these put right on the raw wood. It was easy, and not costly at all. They've held up for 4 years now and the corners have not pulled up. In your pass-through area in your camper, you could put a rug on top of them. I put a run in my pass-through compartment in all my TT's and now the bay areas in my 5er. I also carry a couple of those foam squares to use outside when yard mats just don't seem right.

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
How about a piece of formica kitchen counter material. It's harder, smooth and doesn't catch and tear. You could laminate it to the plywood.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
What about โ€œpaintingโ€ the floor with truck bed liner stuff?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

BFL13
Explorer II
Explorer II
Tiles can lift a bit, which would make an edge for the sliding things to catch on, which would make things worse. If you can't just paint it, IMO a sheet of something smooth and thin would be better that you can cut for the wires etc. Not vinyl though, which can also get a gouge in it that would snag things.
1. 1991 Oakland 28DB Class C
on Ford E350-460-7.5 Gas EFI
Photo in Profile
2. 1991 Bighorn 9.5ft Truck Camper on 2003 Chev 2500HD 6.0 Gas
See Profile for Electronic set-ups for 1. and 2.