cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

MaxxFan (Smoke with Remote Control) Best For Ventilation?

BreakAes
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all,

I have a lot of work being done to my camper right now. Before re-sealing and coating the roof, I thought it would be best to install 2 high-quality vent fans for several different reasons.

Based on what I've seen, the Airxcel MaxxFan Deluxe 7500K Smoke Model seems like the best, when compared with the other fans, and the other brands like Fantastic Fan, Heng's, etc.

The Deluxe MaxxFan seems to be the only one out there with a built-in Rain Shield.

Also, according to an Airxcel employee, the remote control system for the MaxxFans are not supposed to draw power when the fans are off, like some other remote controlled fans do when they're off and not in use. Can anybody comment on if this is true or not?

I'm thinking about going for two 7500K Smoke Deluxe MaxxFans for these features, etc.:

1. built-in Rain Shield
2. Smoke Color to let more light into the bathroom, etc.
3. Remote Controlled fan and lid for ease of use
4. Bi-directional fans so I can have one intake and one exhaust fan
5. 10 speeds
6. Thermostat

Would two 7500K Smoke Colored Deluxe MaxxFans be the best choice on the market? Or would there be other products you think I should consider?

Let me know, thanks.
13 REPLIES 13

robatthelake
Explorer
Explorer
I had never had any issues with Fantastic Vent Fans until they were bought out by the current owners! Now looking at the changes that they have made to the product that needed no changes , I reluctantly will have to buy something else!

They used to guarantee their products virtually forever and seldom were there issues with quality or parts failing. This new crop of products will not stand the test of time!

Like most products on the market today itโ€™s all about the Bling and nor about quality of construction!
Rob & Jean
98 Dutch Star Diesel Pusher ..07 Honda CRV AWD

markchengr
Explorer
Explorer
You may prefer a clear rather than a smoke model. We had a smoke model in our bathroom and it was always too dark, had to use the light even in the daytime. Replaced it with a clear model and now it's nice and light in there.

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
I have the Maxxair 8500 with remote (required, due to vertically challenged DW) and the rain sensor. Even with the rain sensor, you'll still want a cover, and here is why:
The fan is running and the lid is open, and it begins to rain, so the fan shuts off and the lid closes. So far so good. Then it stops raining, and you want to open the vent. But the rain sensor is wet and thinks it is still raining, and will not allow the lid to open. So you press the button that shuts the sensor off. Now the lid opens, even with the water on the sensor. The sensor remains off, even after you turn the fan off and close the lid. Then next time you use it, the sensor is still off. Then it rains... and the lid stays open, because you told it to.
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

hedge
Explorer
Explorer
I also have that fan and quite like it. Some of the controls are a bit odd though but not a big deal.

If it does have a draw when off then it must be small as I have a battery monitor and don't see any noticeable draw.
2017 F350 Platinum DRW
2013 Adventurer 89RB

JimBollman
Explorer
Explorer
Love my MaxxFan 7500. Installed one in my last two RVs, a slide in and a B, booth small RVs, but love the remote. When we are camping in warm weather I put the remote near the bed so I can adjust as needed in the middle of the night with out getting out of bed. Don't know how it could not draw some power when off, I never checked, can't be much.

For those not familiar with the 7500, it does not have a rain sensor it has a rain shield built in that when shut is about the height of a standard roof vent, when up it is about the height of an open standard vent. I have been in some pretty bad windy weather and it really does work very well, it can leak a little if the rain/wind is almost horizontal coming directly at the opening.

My first was white the current one smoke, not sure which I like better yet but I'm leaning towards the smoke.

I did measure the current draw at different speeds on my first 7500.

10% - 200ma
20% - 300ma
30% - 450ma
40% - 650ma
50% - 900ma
60% - 1200ma
70% - 16o0ma
80% - 2000ma
90% - 2400ma
100% - 3100ma

mordecai81
Explorer
Explorer
Our Maxxair fan with remote is mounted over the bed. I run it at 10% speed and exhaust at night even when it's cold out to keep moisture at bay while sleeping. Works great!

steved28
Explorer
Explorer
BreakAes wrote:

Anybody have any other thoughts on the pros and cons of MaxxFans with or without Remote Control?

A MaxxAir fan came stock in our Winnebago. But they never put a cover over it from the factory. I recently purchased one on Amazon and was blown away at how easy they make the install now. Just 4 pins and done. So it may or may not be another feather in the cap of MaxxAir for you.
2019 Winnebago Sunstar LX 35F
2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ Sahara

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
"The Deluxe MaxxFan seems to be the only one out there with a built-in Rain Shield."

Do NOT depend that the rain sensors will work!!! Install a Fantastic Breeze vent cover!
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

J_herb
Explorer
Explorer
BreakAes wrote:
Thanks, J, did you not need a remote since you have a small van?

Anybody have any other thoughts on the pros and cons of MaxxFans with or without Remote Control?

I'm assuming the Airxcel employee was being honest, but I'd like to get some user feedback on if the Remote Control MaxxFans draw power or not when they're off, and not in use.

BreakAes, you are right! a small van GMC Savana 2500 no remote needed,
two fans do to no extra windows that open with screens.
J herb

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
BreakAes wrote:

I'm assuming the Airxcel employee was being honest, but I'd like to get some user feedback on if the Remote Control MaxxFans draw power or not when they're off, and not in use.

I've never given it much thought, but if they do draw anything, it would be to maintain readiness to transmit/receive from the remote. I typically press any button on my remote to "wake" up the remote, then point it in the general direction of the fan to make adjustments. Mine is exhaust only (Winnebago cheapskates) and does a decent job drawing air out/in, with a window cracked. Temp/fan speed adjustment for auto operation is nice. It has what's supposed to be a rain proof powered raise/lower cover that operates based on temps but not actual rain. So far, no rain intrusion during some pretty heavy downpours. It must be a lesser model than the ones you're looking at.
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)

BreakAes
Explorer
Explorer

J_herb
Explorer
Explorer
I installed two MaxxFan Deluxe Smoke Models with out remote in my camper van this last summer and I really like them, love the built in rain shield.
J herb

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
Good choice. I could have purchased any fan I wanted. In the past I have had the Vortex, Fantastic, and Maxx. For my current trailer I chose the Maxx 7500K for our bedroom.

I can't answer your question about power draw, I never even thought about it.
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900