Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: MaxxFan (Smoke with Remote Control) Best For Ventilation?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> MaxxFan (Smoke with Remote Control) Best For Ventilation?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
hedge

Airdrie, Alberta, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 10/18/19 10:12am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I also have that fan and quite like it. Some of the controls are a bit odd though but not a big deal.

If it does have a draw when off then it must be small as I have a battery monitor and don't see any noticeable draw.

2017 F350 Platinum DRW
2013 Adventurer 89RB

drsteve

Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 10/18/19 06:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have the Maxxair 8500 with remote (required, due to vertically challenged DW) and the rain sensor. Even with the rain sensor, you'll still want a cover, and here is why:
The fan is running and the lid is open, and it begins to rain, so the fan shuts off and the lid closes. So far so good. Then it stops raining, and you want to open the vent. But the rain sensor is wet and thinks it is still raining, and will not allow the lid to open. So you press the button that shuts the sensor off. Now the lid opens, even with the water on the sensor. The sensor remains off, even after you turn the fan off and close the lid. Then next time you use it, the sensor is still off. Then it rains... and the lid stays open, because you told it to.

2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

markchengr

Seattle

View Profile

Posted: 10/18/19 07:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You may prefer a clear rather than a smoke model. We had a smoke model in our bathroom and it was always too dark, had to use the light even in the daytime. Replaced it with a clear model and now it's nice and light in there.

robatthelake

Vancouver Island

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/18/19 08:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I had never had any issues with Fantastic Vent Fans until they were bought out by the current owners! Now looking at the changes that they have made to the product that needed no changes , I reluctantly will have to buy something else!

They used to guarantee their products virtually forever and seldom were there issues with quality or parts failing. This new crop of products will not stand the test of time!

Like most products on the market today it’s all about the Bling and nor about quality of construction!

Rob & Jean
98 Dutch Star Diesel Pusher ..07 Honda CRV AWD

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> MaxxFan (Smoke with Remote Control) Best For Ventilation?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.