Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Disney World (not fort wilderness)
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> Disney World (not fort wilderness)

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Jebby14

Windsor Ontario

View Profile

Posted: 10/15/19 02:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hoping to finally book for winter 2020. Kids will be 3 (boy) and 5 (girl 6 on feb 25).

any tips or tricks?

looking for 5 nights, 4 park days, skipping epcot to double up magic kingdom. fly out of Detroit.

If it moves and it shouldn't..... duct tape
if it doesn't move and it should.....WD40
if all else fails .....BFH

Crowe

Merrimack, NH

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/15/19 08:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've been 4 times-first time was just hubby and I, then went when my son was 6, 10, and 18. IMHO 6 is the youngest I'd take. Any younger and it's almost a waste from the standpoint they won't remember it and the chance of being overwhelmed and upset the entire time. That said, allow for rest periods in the afternoon. Kids are close in age, which is very helpful, but don't be afraid to separate at times. Do favorite attractions first in order to avoid disappointment. If either child gets cranky LEAVE THE PARK. They can be easily overwhelmed at that age. Small doses. Remember that a 5 and a half foot tall Mickey Mouse can scare the cr*p out of a small child. Consider getting a Park Hopper pass. The extra money is worth it. If you get into a park and need to leave for whatever reason you are done for the day and you can't go back. Take lots of pictures and pay the exorbitant prices for their pictures. It's worth it. Most of all enjoy!

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be Douglas Adams

RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road.

Jebby14

Windsor Ontario

View Profile

Posted: 10/16/19 03:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

thanks for the heads up. we don't plan to push them and im hoping to take a day off for the beach in between. also planning a sit down meal each day to give them a break. for what its worth to anyone else, park hopper isn't needed for reentry just for going to a different park. we wont have hopper but as long as you check out on the way out of the park you can return to the same park. as for photos I bought memory maker so there will be lots [emoticon]

Crowe

Merrimack, NH

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/16/19 07:18am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

park hopper isn't needed for reentry just for going to a different park

Thanks for the clarification-it's been almost 10 years since I've been so I've forgotten some of the ins and outs.

mgirardo

Brunswick, GA

View Profile

Posted: 10/16/19 08:07am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

3 Years old is a great time to go to Disney. Yes, they won't remember it, but they will have such a great time. You will have a great time watching them. The Disney characters are drawn to little ones, so if your 3 year old isn't really into that, just keep him back from the crowd.

The first time we took our kids to Disney (2005), our son was 2.5 years old. Both our kids loved Jo Jo's Circus (not sure if it is still popular) and we ran into Jo Jo and the lion from the show. Our son was in the stroller and he didn't want to go near them. While our daughter was taking pictures with Jo Jo, the lion slowly crept up to the stroller, got down on his needs and "said hi" to our son. It was such a cool experience and our son loved it.

The first time we went, we stayed at Fort Wilderness for 10 days. We did Magic Kingdom twice, Animal Kingdom twice and Hollywood Studios twice. We skipped Epcot and we probably could have skipped Hollywood Studios. Don't forget the water parks or Disney Springs. We also took the kids on the boats between the campground, Wilderness Lodge and Magic Kingdom, that was a good way to let them recharge.

If you are staying at a Disney Resort, ask about the Hidden Mickey challenge. Not all the Resorts have it, but the one at the Wilderness Lodge is fun. Your son might not enjoy it as much as your daughter.

-Michael

Michael Girardo
2017 Jayco Jayflight Bungalow 40BHQS Destination Trailer
2009 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS Class C Motorhome (previously owned)
2006 Rockwood Roo 233 Hybrid Travel Trailer (previously owned)
1995 Jayco Eagle 12KB pop-up (previously owned)

Jebby14

Windsor Ontario

View Profile

Posted: 10/16/19 02:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

have a hold placed on our trip. will finalize over the next few days.

end of jan, Monday to sunday. 6 day park ticket. will take a day off in the middle to hit a beach for some down time. likely 2 magic kingdom, 1 hs, 1 ak with arrival and departure day being wildcards for whatever.

donfla

home

View Profile

Posted: 10/16/19 08:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Nice Jebby14! Our kids are a little older now, 14, 15 and 22 and they remember the fun stuff we did when they were 3 years old. The weather should be perfect too, have a safe trip. [emoticon][emoticon]

Jebby14

Windsor Ontario

View Profile

Posted: 10/17/19 04:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

booked flights this morning. all systems go.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> Disney World (not fort wilderness)
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.