cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1987 37' Winnebago Elandan for Sale >$45,000< ??

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
Seller’s Description:

CELEBRITY OWNED, DANA PLATO the beautiful & Talented actress that played KIMBERLY DRUMMOND on the very popular 80's "WHATCHOO TALKIN BOUT WILLIS" T.V. show, DIFF'RENT STROKES, spent the last 4 months of her life traveling in, living in and sadly passing away in this motorhome. It has remained unused and in her family's possession since her passing. It was Winnebago's top of the line, biggest and best coach that year at 37 feet long with a tag axle. It is clean and in fair condition, with faded paint, stripes and needing t.l.c. inside and out. It runs and drives well but still has Dana's original tires, hoses and belts on it. You can find autographed pictures of Dana Plato for sale, but this is absolutely the MOST SUBSTANTIAL REMAINING MEMORABILIA she has left !!! TRULY UNIQUE AND 1 OF A KIND !!! (Own the vehicle Dana enjoyed driving, her home, furniture, appliances and fixtures.)

Price: $45,000 obo

https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/rv-and-trailers/unspecified/unspecified/2234748.html?refer=blog

She overdose on drugs and died in RV, who would even pay a thousand dollars for that..

:E
20 REPLIES 20

TCollins
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like a good addition for the RV/MH Hall of Fame!

T18skyguy
Explorer
Explorer
It would be a miracle if the roof never leaked, but if it didn't, there might be something to work with for someone who wanted to have a go at it. I wonder what engine/trans combination was in it. It good running condition could you get 5 mpg in it?
Retired Anesthetist. LTP. Pilot with mechanic/inspection ratings. Between rigs right now.. Wife and daughter. Four cats which we must obey.

obgraham
Explorer
Explorer
32 year old tires? Please tell me you are kidding me!

DewLess
Explorer
Explorer
Post next week--- Hey all, I just bought a 1987 Winnebago Elandan. Anyone have any advice on how to get rid of a bad smell inside. It smells like something died in here. lol

Good One 🙂

winniman
Explorer
Explorer
westernrvparkowner wrote:
"OBO" is going to be the operative condition in any sale. Brings to mind the salesman's mantra of "I didn't think you were stupid, but I didn't want to miss out if you were." If this rig sells, someone is going to get about 95% off the asking price. Then they will probably be on this very forum trumpeting their negotiating skills.

Post next week--- Hey all, I just bought a 1987 Winnebago Elandan. Anyone have any advice on how to get rid of a bad smell inside. It smells like something died in here. lol

westernrvparkow
Explorer
Explorer
"OBO" is going to be the operative condition in any sale. Brings to mind the salesman's mantra of "I didn't think you were stupid, but I didn't want to miss out if you were." If this rig sells, someone is going to get about 95% off the asking price. Then they will probably be on this very forum trumpeting their negotiating skills.

Tyler0215
Explorer
Explorer
Some people are celebrity freaks. Who else would buy it at any price?

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
winniman wrote:
Creepy. Who would want it for any price? How long was the dead body in there? Not for me.

Hannibal Lector:B

winniman
Explorer
Explorer
Creepy. Who would want it for any price? How long was the dead body in there? Not for me.

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
grumpy3b wrote:
there is a sub-culture if memorabilia collectors who actually want ti buy muder hones and all manner of, what mist call, "twisted" items associated with death.

We here know the real valueof this rig BUT, out tgere could well be someone that perfers it over something nit associated with the sad fall & eventual death of a celebrity. There are obsessed "fans", ask Jodie Foster, with means to buy befire another one cones aking to snatch it awawy.

Interestingly Ebay has rules to block the sale if items like this. Anything associated with tragedy of recent vintage. You can still sell items of ecents like the Titanic. So argue it's a poor policy for what was once touted a America's last truely level field open narket selling venue.
That RV is creeoy vut, meh, if a person exists to buy ut, great for the seller.

This ^^^
This is priced as (somewhat creepy to me) memorabilia, not at all a functional motorhome.
-- Chris Bryant

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
Junk man can't even use it---Nothing there of value after sitting so long and then you have the "house" to get rid of.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
The Pic using a wide angle lens makes it look 45 feet long. Remember, it is a 30 amp RV. 20 years of lot rot. probably worth 5k to 10k depending on the condition of the engine and chassis drivetrain. Doug

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
She died in 1999. This coach has been sitting unused for the last 20 years? It even comes with all of the original hoses and belts and tires, that were on the coach when she died. Like that is a good thing. :B
Maybe you can make a fortune selling off the individual parts as being from the "death coach". Maybe it was the stuff in this coach that caused her to OD.
Her time has passed, and so has this RV.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Dana Plato? I had to look her up.

I doubt it would go for 45k even if it was owned by Elvis, Michael Jackson or any famous actor/person.

It's an 87 winnebago that needs restored.