cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Replacement of Trans Cooling Lines ??

TC_Z
Explorer
Explorer
Hi, we have a 2007 Winn Voyage 38J on a Workhorse W24 chassis with a 6-speed Allison transmission. The transmission cooling lines are weeping in their flex section near where they attach to the transmission. Doesn't drip best I can tell but I can see where fluid has stained other areas. Appears I may be able to order the replacement lines; W0004928 & W0004929. However, my questions are:
- am I able to replace these without further engine disassembly? Am I able to access the fittings to replace them?
- is there a transmission line "patch" kit so I could repair the weeping flex section without having to replace the entire line assembly?
- has anyone else had these leak? If so, what did you do?
TC&Z
2007 Winn Voyage 38J, gas 8.1L engine
2018 Jeep Cherokee flat tow
3 REPLIES 3

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just take them off and replace with a flexible fuel line or better. Just replaced the two on my 2001 which was all flexible, rubber or something since I was replacing the cooler. Use high pressure fuel line clamps and they will not cut into the line.

winniman
Explorer
Explorer
When we replaced mine, we just took them off, and had a hydraulic shop make new ones to match. Top the tranny back up, and you are good to go.

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
The cooling lines disconnect from the radiator and the transmission so that they can be replaced. You will lose some fluid when they are taken loose. These are steel lines and any hydraulic shop should be able to replace the flex end for less money that buying new WH parts. They are NOT high pressure so even a silicone hose and clamps will work as a replacement, which I had to use when one of my cooling lines was ripped off when my engine fan came apart and sliced through the transmission line.