cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urine odor eliminator

Acampingwewillg
Explorer
Explorer
OK...I see plenty of products for this, just looking for suggestions for the right one? BUT before that let me explain....with four small doggies, we normally set up a rather large X-pen under our awning. When the kids get the urge at 2 or 3 am in the morning, we generally open the door and let them run out into the pen and do their thing. Well after a few nights of this, our patio area begins to smell. We have in the past used vinegar to help neutralize the urine but we'd be interested in other products that would help. A quick look on Amazon shows a ton of choices...any favorites? TIA
96 Vogue Prima Vista
The Kid's: Humphrie, the Mini Schnauzer and Georgie,wire haired dachshund.
Rainbow Bridge: Laddie,Scoutie,Katie,Cooper,Kodie,Rubie,Maggie, Cassie, Mollie, Elvis, Potter and Rosie Love You! (40+ years in all)
8 REPLIES 8

JRscooby
Explorer II
Explorer II
I think I might fit in the "jerk" column.

schlep1967
Explorer III
Explorer III
Actually I am not a jerk. I'm honest, sometimes that comes off wrong. Had I known about your health problems I probably would have been a little more tactful. I do appreciate that you are looking for a solution. I no longer have a dog. When I put our last one down we decided that traveling and camping would be less stressful for us without animals. I know that is not for everybody. Friends of ours that camp with us pretty much every time we go out have a dog. Because of this we are often on campsites labeled as dog sites. Warm muggy days bring out a lot of the urine odors from previous occupants.

Good luck to you and the wife. And I hope you find something that will truly neutralize the odor. Sorry I ruffled your feathers.
2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500 Diesel
2022 Montana Legacy 3931FB
Pull-Rite Super Glide 4500

Acampingwewillg
Explorer
Explorer
May as well shut this down....I thank the one person who offered a "product" To the "Holy than thou" remainder, think about every time you see multiple dogs in an X-Pen, think about the hours on end those dogs spend in that pen and urinate then think about how many "considerate" people actually care about odors at all and then finally think about someone who had enough concern to ask about a way to help!!!
96 Vogue Prima Vista
Rainbow Bridge: Laddie,Scoutie,Katie,Cooper,Kodie,Rubie,Maggie, Cassie, Mollie, Elvis, Potter and Rosie Love You! (40+ years in all)

schlep1967
Explorer III
Explorer III
After thinking about it, I am sorry I used the word lazy. I should have used inconsiderate.

Acampingwewillg
Explorer
Explorer
The whole point here is that I'm trying tom be a good neighbor....getting a walker out the door at 3am is a bit of an issue. The smell is NOT overwhelming but as always I'm considering my neighbor.

I've been on this Forum a very long time and it is just SO typical to criticize rather than simply answer a question. Do I really have to lay out exactly what health conditions are involved everytime I ask a question. Certainly it would be better to have my dogs piss on your campsite but I don't imagine that would be acceptable either so instead, I keep them in the site I occupy(which I do consider my site). You don't see me complaining about the Cigarette butts laying all over, the chicken wings in the gravel waiting for a dog to choke on...Come on, Really!!!

So Pile ON....but understand there are plenty of X pens out there and if you think my dogs are the only ones....wake up!!!
96 Vogue Prima Vista

Well,

Im not gonna go to the " lazy label", I understand where your coming from, BUT... Wind will take that smell to other sites down wind of it...

It really is not fair to have your neighbors smell your dogs collection of urine.. After a few days, I am sure that pan is RIPE and smells pretty bad....

As much as it may be a bother, it would be beneficial for ALL if your were able to have the pups urinate in a different spot each time in the middle of the night....

I can imagine that the smell must be pretty bad if your asking us here what to neutralize it with...
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
While i believe most people would agree that it's preferred to take them outside the areas where kids, families etc are expected to often be barefoot as well as living, cooking, eating etc. IF you can not for whatever reason I will suggest a product for neutralizing it as much as possible.
Natures Miracle
is a product we sold in our pet shop and it has a good following. For use inside when accidents happen and could be used in a small outside pen as well. It is one of the safest products around as well.

For your use, a small garden sprayer should work with this product, but you do have to well coat whatever material you are sanitizing.

schlep1967
Explorer III
Explorer III
Somebody's got to be "that guy" so I'll take the hit.
That is not your patio area. It is every family that camps at that site's patio area. And none of them want to follow a lazy pet owner that will not take the time to walk their pets away from the eating area of a camp site. Put on your robe and slippers and WALK the dogs away from the campsite to do their business. Then you will not need to neutralize the smell and the next occupiers of the site won't hate the smell you leave behind.