cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Camping near Moab, Utah

Bayley
Explorer
Explorer
We're planning a trip to Moab Utah in the spring of 2020. Looking for suggestions on rv parks.
Also.....is spring the best time to go to that area?
Thanks for any advice you can give!
Tony
Semper Fi

Tony, Darlene & the boss Bentley!
2013 Ram CTD, Ride-Rite Air Bags, B&W Turnover Ball and Andersen "Ultimate 5th Wheel Connection".
2014 Arctic Fox 29-5K 5th wheel with Reese Airborne Pin Box.
17 REPLIES 17

cross21114
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at Deadhorse State Park (about 25 miles west of Moab). Very nice park with great sites. A bit expensive at $40 (in February).

But the view from the overlook is amazing, worth the price alone.
Chris
2018 Nexus Ghost 36DS
360 Cummins, 3000 Allison
2016 Ford Expedition

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
X-2 on OK RV Park, a little out away from town but that just puts you away from the crowds, and the Passport America rate makes it well worth it.
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

4runnerguy
Explorer
Explorer
Busskipper wrote:
https://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/29448394.cfm

Ken has pretty good info .............
Glad it's back up and working. Tried to link to it a week or so ago and the first page wouldn't load. Heck, that's where all the good info is.

Just got back from Moab yesterday. Think we made it out just in time. Got down to 19 last night at the airport and they're predicting lows in the teens again starting Tuesday night. Brrr!
Ken & Allison
2 Camping Cats (1 diabetic)
1996 4Runner, TRD Supercharger, Edelbrock headers
2007 Fleetwood Arcadia, Honda EU2000i
4 mountain bikes, 1 canoe, 4 tents, 8 sleeping bags, 2 backpacks
(You get the idea!)

txfamilycamper
Explorer
Explorer
We did Moab in mid-July (I know!), first day there we went up into the mountains and hiked to 10k feet, weren't looking forward to the heat. Spanish Trails RV park was fairly nice, no complaints and the pool was great around sunset.

We also took our F250 to Bull Canyon trail... lots of fun!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDWyRmY7nL8&feature=youtu.be
Wildwood 30KQBSS, F250 gas
Honda gen & renogy solar suitcase for dry camping

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
We stayed at Portal RV park. There are 2 sections/sides. A regular side and a resort side. We chose the resort side. Had a great pool and jacuzzi. Sites were paved and well kept with very nice landscaping.
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

Busskipper
Explorer
Explorer
https://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/29448394.cfm

Ken has pretty good info .............
Busskipper
Maryland/Colorado
Travel Supreme 42DS04
GX470-FMCA - Travel less now - But still love to be on the Road
States traveled in this Coach

RedRollingRoadb
Explorer
Explorer
A decent place to eat is Moab Dinner in center of town. A full service place with breakfast all day. Lunch and dinner too. Prices were reasonable, service good, coffee okay. They have ice cream freezer and handmade shakes so if your looking for something sweet...

djsamuel
Nomad
Nomad
We stayed at Spanish Trail campground and liked it. There are new owners in the last couple of years and they've made more upgrades since our visit.

2013 Camplite 21BHS Trailer, Ram 1500 Tow Vehicle

RedRollingRoadb
Explorer
Explorer
We are in Moab Rim Campground right now and it is a nice setup. Few miles south of town on the east side. Nice, well laid out park, the caretaker is quite a character. Sits above the highway and there is a lot of traffic noise but it calms down at night. Sites are fairly level but gravel roads and sites. Lot of pull through. Good mix of cabins and tent sites. Several have no sewer, but dump station on site.

I would return.

otrfun
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you plan on doing any of the more challenging hikes to the arches, spring/fall is the best time. Gets very hot in Moab during the summer.

We stayed at the Canyonlands RV Park in Moab about 3 months ago. About 6 mi. south of Arches National Park. Decent place, just south of downtown Moab. FWIW, about half the park was occupied by rental RV units. Not sure if this is a Canyonlands thing or a general occurrence at RV parks in Moab.

dmck413
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at Moab valley RV park. Very nice and close to Arches

RedRocket204
Explorer
Explorer
Slickrock RV is older but has the best tree coverage if you're looking for shade, also fairly close to downtown. Stayed there a couple of times, once in dead summer, and the shade was very welcome. If there for OHV running, you will need to trailer to the trailheads unless you have a street licensed SxS. Dirt "pads" and gravel/dirt roads.

Also stayed at Archview. You can ride OHVs direct from Archview to some trailheads. Archview is further away from town but is nice, I'd stay there again, it is newer so the trees are small, no shade. Has a community fire pit, small general store and attached fueling station.

For RV parks in Moab, it kind of comes down to what you are there for with regards to convenience.
I love me some land yachting

boogie_4wheel
Explorer
Explorer
We go there twice a year to dirt bike; early May and early October.

If you can, boondock! Town is busy in the afternoon, near gridlock busy. Being a single lane on the north end of town makes it nearly impossible to get into/out of the campgrounds on the north end of town. You have to force your way in because the majority of us Utah'ns drive like jerks. Sorry for my soapbox.

We stayed at the Slickrock Campground twice. It was decent; busy (full) but a nice place. We boondock north of town a little ways down Dalton Well Rd. Accessible by 2wd, plenty of room, good views, and pretty quiet too.
2005 2500 Cummins/48RE/3.73, QCLB, 4wd, BigHorn, Edge Juice w/ CTS + Turbo Timer,Transgo Shift Kit ISSPro Oil and LP pressure gauges, GDP 20/2 filters, Custom Diesel Steering Box Brace
'10 Forest River Shockwave Toy Hauler 21'
Honda EU3000I Genny

Busskipper
Explorer
Explorer
Bayley wrote:
We're planning a trip to Moab Utah in the spring of 2020. Looking for suggestions on rv parks.
Also.....is spring the best time to go to that area?
Thanks for any advice you can give!
Tony

My links to this forum have somehow been screwed up - BUT - 4runnerguy used to have a sticky on Moab that is really Good so if you can connect better that I then maybe you can get the link, a lot on good info on EVERYTHING MOAB!

Best of Luck,
Busskipper
Maryland/Colorado
Travel Supreme 42DS04
GX470-FMCA - Travel less now - But still love to be on the Road
States traveled in this Coach