cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

I40 through Nashville on to Flagstaff!

bighatnohorse
Explorer II
Explorer II
Any problem areas to be aware of using the I40 from Nashville to Flagstaff?
2021 Arctic Fox 1150
'15 F350 6.7 diesel dually long bed
Eagle Cap Owners
โ€œThe best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity."
-Yeats
3 REPLIES 3

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
When are you going? Wonโ€™t be too long before winter storms start dropping down to I-40.

Janss
Explorer
Explorer
Kingman is not between Nashville and Flagstaff.

I just drove our motorhome with tow car on I-40 from Nashville to Flagstaff a week ago. No problem at all. Some areas have been repaved, so not as bad as used to be. Was quite a pleasant and easy drive. Wind can be a problem though, so check the weather.

By far, the worst part of my trip was on I-17 between Flagstaff and Sedona. Now that rattled my fillings!

We stayed at Walmarts along the way, as well as Rockwell RV Park in Oklahoma City and USA RV Park (as kalynzoo mentioned) in Gallup NM. Both good and easy stops.
2002 Itasca Suncruiser 32V
2012 Suzuki Grand Vitara

kalynzoo
Explorer
Explorer
Just make sure all the filling in your teeth are checked. The 40 near Kingman was really a mess. There are plenty of potholes on the 40 can can do tire damage at least. Sorry, I cannot offer an alternate, the highways are all experience differed maintenance. Just take it easy and be careful. Places we enjoyed stopping: USA RV park, Gallup, American RV in Albuquerque, Circle of Pines KOA in Williams. Enjoy