cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this forum going to get fixed???

trailer_newbe
Explorer
Explorer
Error messages up the wazoo. Can’t read post and cant reply to posts. This has been going on for months. What say you moderators, what’s the status?

Thanks
2018 Jayco White Hawk 28RL
26 REPLIES 26

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
1320Fastback wrote:
Snip...
Maybe the Mods checked their emails, assuming one was actually sent after every error message from every user and decided to do something about it. Must of been in the thousands of email I'd bet.

Mods have no control at all over how the forum runs and can do nothing about forum glitches. We just make sure the rules are followed.
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

trailer_newbe
Explorer
Explorer
Just venting, hope it get fixed.
2018 Jayco White Hawk 28RL

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
IAMICHABOD wrote:
Never had a problem ...ever

Try this and follow along

This is how mine was set up when I joined and never changed.

That is the way mine has always been, and I get issues. Not as many as other people, but far more than any other forum I go to.

GrandpaKip
Explorer
Explorer
Wow. I use an iPad and no problems.
Kip
2015 Skyline Dart 214RB
2018 Silverado Double Cab 4x4
Andersen Hitch

1320Fastback
Explorer
Explorer
Gotta say tonight's the first time in probably 2 months that everything I've tried to open opened and have not had one error.

Maybe the Mods checked their emails, assuming one was actually sent after every error message from every user and decided to do something about it. Must of been in the thousands of email I'd bet.
1992 D250 Cummins 5psd
2005 Forest River T26 Toy Hauler

beermanjoe
Explorer
Explorer
Last couple days,Ive been getting the same error.
2018 Ram 2500 4x4 CC 4.10 gears 2020 Shadow Cruiser 329QBS

Hannibal
Explorer
Explorer
We're sorry. An error has occurred.

We are unable to process your request due to an error with our site.

If you receive this message again, we may be experiencing some system difficulties. An email has been sent to our development staff to diagnose the problem.

Once again, we apologize for this inconvenience.

Been seeing this a lot recently.
2020 F250 STX CC SB 7.3L 10spd 3.55 4x4
2010 F250 XLT CC SB 5.4L 5spdTS 3.73
ex '95 Cummins,'98 12v Cummins,'01.5 Cummins,'03 Cummins; '05 Hemi
2017 Jayco 28RLS TT 32.5'

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Clue: It only took 3 years to correct the % sign error.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
This forum is crappy with errors. It's ugly and the administrators (not moderators) don't seem to care. The same errors have occurred for months and months.

It's dying a slow death. I think one day we'll try to get to it and it'll just be gone.
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

Bols2DawaLL
Explorer
Explorer
2012Coleman wrote:
I don't get any of these errors - except the notify Mod bug. I'm using Firefox with noScript and AdBlock plus. IMO - things just got better around here as an most annoying troll was removed for the forum recently.

X2

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Have problems posting all the time anymroe, regardless of portal but given that others dont, it's probably because of some defect in my character.

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
trailer_newbe wrote:
Error messages up the wazoo. Can’t read post and cant reply to posts. This has been going on for months. What say you moderators, what’s the status?

Thanks
All this and still tons better than the first couple years. Back then we had near constant inability to get into a thread with daily outages lasting a few hours at a time. Sometimes days.

Fixed? Probably never. Patched periodically is more the norm. Just take it for what it is.

Sam_Spade
Explorer
Explorer
mgirardo wrote:
It may eventually get fixed.

Don't hold your breath.

The software in use is VERY old.
Whatever actual IT staff they actually have (maybe none) likely knows NOTHING about how it works.
If you think the owner is going to spend any real money getting it fixed, you are delusional.

Truth is that I really don't care.....because it is working perfectly for me, connecting to forums.goodsamclub.com......AND I'll be getting out out of the RV "business" next spring anyway.

Any of you who are serious about having a functioning forum in the future NEED TO BE LOOKING FOR A DIFFERENT FORUM NOW.
'07 Damon Outlaw 3611
CanAm Spyder in the "trunk"

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
Never had a problem ...ever

Try this and follow along

This is how mine was set up when I joined and never changed.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C