KAREN MCHUGH
5 REPLIES 5

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Chris Bryant wrote:
KMCHUGH wrote:
BLOWER COMES ON IGNITER IS CLICKING CAN SMELL GAS BUT WILL NOT FIRE

Every time I have run into that on that model it was. Partially blocked orifice, letting enough gas to smell, but not enough to ignite.

Well, almost every time I have run into this, it is because the Spark electrode does not have the correct gap(too close to burner) OR bent up too high and sparking against the upper burner case. Doug

garyemunson
Explorer
Explorer
When ours quit, I was pleasantly surprised to find that it had a hose for the gas line that was long enough to reconnect to the furnace once I got it out of the RV. They are in a steel "mounting sleeve" that they will slide out of. You will probably find you need a long screwdriver to reach in and bend back some part/s of the sleeve that binds on the furnace module. I think the installers are not too careful and will just jam the furnace units into the sleeve when building the RV bending things. I set in on some saw horses next to the RV and bought a 4 wire trailer plug/socket that came with enough attached wire to make a "pluggable" harness that left me with the furnace on the horses wired and gassed up. From that point, seeing what was wrong and fixing it was a breeze! Next time you are somewhere they sell trailer stuff, get a 4-wire plug. and add it to your junk bin for the inevitable time when the furnace acts up. In our case, I could hear the igniter but the gas valve was not opening. New board fixed it. Those little furnaces are things of beauty once you get them out where you can see and work on them!

naturist
Nomad
Nomad
Dang stink bugs. One dead stink bug in the burner tube at just the right place, and that's what happens.

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
KMCHUGH wrote:
BLOWER COMES ON IGNITER IS CLICKING CAN SMELL GAS BUT WILL NOT FIRE

Every time I have run into that on that model it was. Partially blocked orifice, letting enough gas to smell, but not enough to ignite.
-- Chris Bryant

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Why are you yelling about it.