cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Can you send visible wifi to a non wifi computer

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
I saw I blog that recommended using the Hoo Too travel router but I stupidly did not save the link. And I think he was just broadcasting the visible wifi which is limited to one client.

Anyway can you take the signal from a Visible phone (Moto G7 Power) and pick it up with a travel router and send the signal via ethernet to a non-wifi computer? Recommended router?
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper
4 REPLIES 4

Tom_M1
Explorer
Explorer
Visible is a brand of cell phone service owned by Verizon. I have the Visible R2 and I connect to a GL.iNet GL-AR150 Mini Travel Router. It has an ethernet port. The R2 only allows one connection to its hotspot so I use the router as a repeater.

Here's a link to the one I purchased from Amazon for $26.50:
https://www.amazon.com/GL-iNet-Pre-installed-Performance-Compatible-Programmable/dp/B01FJ4S9JK/ref=s...
Tom
2005 Born Free 24RB
170ah Renogy LiFePo4 drop-in battery 400 watts solar
Towing 2016 Mini Cooper convertible on tow dolly
Minneapolis, MN

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
There are many what I all Wi-Fi Modems.. Linksys (long ago) called them "Wireless game adapters" and I have one (WGA-54G) The device I use is a Umbiquiti Nano Station.. Now it takes a bit of work to set it up (At least the first time) or to change wi-fi hosts.. But wifi in one end. CAT-5 or 6 out the other so as to speak. So it plugs into the ethernet port on your computer.

Easier.. If you have a spare USB port. they make USB Wi-Fi Dongles
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

LittleBill
Explorer
Explorer
if you mean like a phone hot spot (visible wifi is not a real term), then yes it can be done

DFord
Explorer
Explorer
The 10 Best Wi-Fi Extenders of 2019
Don Ford
2004 Safari Trek 31SBD (F53/V10 20,500GVW)
'09 HHR 2LT or '97 Aerostar MiniVan (Remco driveshaft disconnect) for Towed vehicles
BlueOx Aventa II Towbar - ReadyBrake Inertia Brake System