cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Interior dash lights flickering

howdy35
Explorer II
Explorer II
When I pull on the lights for night driving, my interior dash lights flicker. I'm wondering if I need to replace the light switch. Thoughts?
1999 National Tradewinds 7370
2014 Honda CR-V--Toad
Fulltime
7 REPLIES 7

howdy35
Explorer II
Explorer II
My headlights are fine. I am going to replace the light switch. Thanks, Doug, I didn't know it might be a Ford switch. Will let you know the results.
1999 National Tradewinds 7370
2014 Honda CR-V--Toad
Fulltime

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Wild Bill 888 wrote:
Could also be alternator/regulator. Led headlights are self regulating and may not flicker.

His 20 year old motorhome does not have LED lights. Doug

Wild_Bill_888
Explorer
Explorer
Could also be alternator/regulator. Led headlights are self regulating and may not flicker.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Your model motorhome should have a FORD Headlight switch. IF the only lights that flicker are the Dash lights, odds are the rheostat for the dimmer in the Headlight switch is bad. The Ford switch is easy to replace. Doug

DFord
Explorer
Explorer
What are your headlights doing while the dash lights are flickering? There may be a short in that circuit causing the interior lights to flicker. There's probably an auto reset circuit breaker trying to keep the headlights on.
Don Ford
2004 Safari Trek 31SBD (F53/V10 20,500GVW)
'09 HHR 2LT or '97 Aerostar MiniVan (Remco driveshaft disconnect) for Towed vehicles
BlueOx Aventa II Towbar - ReadyBrake Inertia Brake System

Corkey05
Explorer
Explorer
It could possibly be your dimmer control.

I had that happen and turned the dimmer control to both limits (full bright to full dim) several times .... all was well and hasn't happened since.
2008 HR Endeavor PDQ - Ford Edge 4 Down
FMCA F374292

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
More likely a bad ground from corrosion.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.