Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

I think I'm stuck.

kennyd63
Explorer
Explorer
Good morning to all.

I took my T.T. to have some minor issues fix to the dealer which I bought it from. It has been a month and the dealer is waiting on manufacture to approve the 2 windows that are leaking. I called Friday to find out the status of my T.T. and they asked me if I wanted to have the trailer winterized, I asked the person if they were going to do it at no cost to me, and she said no. I feel if you have my T.T. well into winterizing time they should do it. She said for me to get the trailer winterize it and bring it back. This dealer is NOT around the corner.

Please advise, and thank you all in advance

Respectfully.
2019 Braxton Creek 24RLS
2010 Forest River Salem 403FB-Destination Trailer
2014 F150 4X4 Crew Cab
27 REPLIES 27

jerem0621
Explorer
Explorer
Personally, I wouldnโ€™t ask them if I could do it or not. Itโ€™s my property, Iโ€™d just go do it.

X2 Iโ€™m removing the windows and adding the putty tape myself. You can probably buy a roll at that dealership and fix it all, winterized and everything by the time the truck cooled off after being shut down.

Thanks!

Jeremiah
TV-2022 Silverado 2WD
TT - Zinger 270BH
WD Hitch- HaulMaster 1,000 lb Round Bar
Dual Friction bar sway control

Itโ€™s Kind of Fun to do the Impossible
~Walt Disney~

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
wing_zealot wrote:
bukhrn wrote:
kennyd63 wrote:
edbehnke wrote:
question on warranty. was it authorized and they just have not done it yet? if not deal with forest river direct and push them.

as for the winterization....do it yourself. on their lot.

They claim it has NOT been authorized..
I think this dealer is blowing smoke up your skirt, any warranty work I've ever had done on my Forester, approval was almost instantaneous.
My local dealer charges $199 / hour, minimum 1 hour. So if it is at that dealer, you ain't getting it done for $100. I think you will find the price the dealer charges depends on "market conditions". All things being equal, If i can make $300 working for Mr. A, and $50 working for Mr. B, guess who's work is going to get done this week. Middle of January could be a whole different market condition.

Then you wonโ€™t be in business very long with that kind of thinking!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

afidel
Explorer II
Explorer II
Good news, you're in Illinois, just tell them you're going to return the vehicle to them under your states interpretation of the Magnusonโ€“Moss Warranty Act. See this for more information.
2019 Dutchman Kodiak 293RLSL
2015 GMC 1500 Sierra 4x4 5.3 3.42 full bed
Equalizer 10k WDH

wing_zealot
Explorer
Explorer
bukhrn wrote:
kennyd63 wrote:
edbehnke wrote:
question on warranty. was it authorized and they just have not done it yet? if not deal with forest river direct and push them.

I think this dealer is blowing smoke up your skirt, any warranty work I've ever had done on my Forester, approval was almost instantaneous.
My local dealer charges $199 / hour, minimum 1 hour. So if it is at that dealer, you ain't getting it done for $100. I think you will find the price the dealer charges depends on "market conditions". All things being equal, If i can make $300 working for Mr. A, and $50 working for Mr. B, guess who's work is going to get done this week. Middle of January could be a whole different market condition.

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
kennyd63 wrote:
edbehnke wrote:

2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

ZINGERLITE
Explorer
Explorer
dodge guy wrote:
I would just pay them. Shouldn't be any more than $100.

I agree with this. Is $100 worth the inconvenience? Everyones financial situation is different but $100 isn't a lot of money.

wing_zealot
Explorer
Explorer
kennyd63 wrote:
wing_zealot wrote:
Take 2 gallons of antifreeze and go winterize it on the dealers lot. You might want to take a spare battery with you also; or some jumper cables.

What about if the dealer says I can't NOT winterize it on their property?
There is no reason for them to tell you "no" other then they want to be an a$$hole. I don't think any reasonable dealer would tell you "no".
But, If that is the case, take the rig off their lot and find a mobile tech to fix the window under warranty. And then find a dealer that is willing to work with you, not against you.

pennysmom09
Explorer
Explorer
After a few extended stays at the dealer for very poor repair work we do it ourselves or call a mobile service. When our new fiver came it had a frig with a defective door. They lied when they said they replaced it and eventually I got a new door through a mobile rv service.
Nancy and Doug
2015 KZ Durango 325RL FW

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
I would just pay them. Shouldn't be any more than $100.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

kennyd63
Explorer
Explorer
edbehnke wrote:

2019 Braxton Creek 24RLS
2014 F150 4X4 Crew Cab

kennyd63
Explorer
Explorer
colliehauler wrote:
Which is cheaper driving to the dealer and winterizing the trailer or have them do it?

Driving to the dealer is cheaper, then them doing it.
2019 Braxton Creek 24RLS
2014 F150 4X4 Crew Cab

kennyd63
Explorer
Explorer
wing_zealot wrote:
Take 2 gallons of antifreeze and go winterize it on the dealers lot. You might want to take a spare battery with you also; or some jumper cables.

What about if the dealer says I can't NOT winterize it on their property?
2019 Braxton Creek 24RLS
2014 F150 4X4 Crew Cab

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
Merrykalia wrote:
Lynnmor wrote:
Bring your trailer home and fix it yourself, by now you should have learned that there is no such thing as a real warranty.

I may be in the minority, but when I was looking to purchase a new RV, I did not even look at them unless the dealer had a minimum of 4 stars on google and any other place I could find reviews. We drove over 200 miles to our dealer and were pleased with the sales people as well as the PDI. We had 2 different warranty issues, the first one occurred about 3 months after purchase. It was electrical. Yes, we had to drive it up to the dealer, but they fixed it and we picked it up about 4 days later. (My sister lived about 30 miles away.)

About two weeks before our warranty expired, our kitchen slide was sticking. Took it back up and it was finished up in less than 8 days. It was done before we really wanted to pick it up, but we went ahead and got it.

We used Holman RV in Batavia, OH and we couldn't be happier.

To answer the OPs question, I'd take some pink stuff and travel to the dealer, but I'd also be making some calls to find out what the holdup is. If they say it's the manufacturer, call them right then and there and see if they have any idea. If not, ask to talk to the General Manager of the dealership. Be nice, but firm about wanting the RV fixed immediately.

12 days.
800 miles.
$160 for fuel.
Travel & overnight expenses.
All to do maybe 2 hours of work.
Glad you are happy.

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
kennyd63 wrote:
Good morning to all.

I took my T.T. to have some minor issues fix to the dealer which I bought it from. It has been a month and the dealer is waiting on manufacture to approve the 2 windows that are leaking. I called Friday to find out the status of my T.T. and they asked me if I wanted to have the trailer winterized, I asked the person if they were going to do it at no cost to me, and she said no. I feel if you have my T.T. well into winterizing time they should do it. She said for me to get the trailer winterize it and bring it back. This dealer is NOT around the corner.

Please advise, and thank you all in advance

Respectfully.

And how much has it rained since you have left it with the dealer, that leak could be worse now, go get the trailer and learn to fix the leak yourself and winterize the trailer yourself.

Owning a RV you should know your way around a tool box and know how to fix things or its going to be a big hole to throw money into..

Let warranty repair the big important stuff and you deal with the little stuff..

my 2 cents..