cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

searching for a couple, wife, emma

windinmyface2
Explorer
Explorer
WATSONVILLE, CALIFORNIA MAN SEARCHING FOR AN ASHEVILLE COUPLE!!!! PLEASE STOP TO READ STORY BELOW!!! ?? IF YOU MIGHT KNOW WHO THESE PEOPLE ARE, PLEASE LET THEM KNOW HE IS LOOKING FOR THEM. PLEASE REACH OUT TO ME (his daughter) SO I CAN CONNECT THE DOTS FOR HIM! I'd love to get his ?? back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If your name is Emma, you are in your 30's, you are married, drive a black SUV, and were traveling in the area of the Eastern Sierras in California last week around October 8th/9th (in morning before lunch time), and also drove down Lundy Canyon & then preceded to pull over to help an older gentleman get his car OUT OF A DITCH than this post is kindly for you! ??????

First of all, I want to thank you for seeing another human in need of desperate help and stopping to assist in any way you could. You've restored my hope for human kind. The fact that it was my father, means more than that and I cannot thank you enough for caring. It warmed my heart to have him tell me how blessed he was that you offered not only to help him get his car out of the ditch yourselves but when you couldn't do it, still offerred to take my dad Bill McQuary into the town of Lee Vining to get a tow truck. He had nobody with him so you two being first on scene was a God send. Not taking money for your troubles also says a lot of the kind of people you are. Thank you for being so wonderful. ??????

In the midst of thinking he'd ride with you and call for a tow truck in Lee Vining, he placed his army/olive green backpack in the backseat of your vehicle and forgot all about it. In it was his lunch & Canon camera. That camera has photos on it he cannot replace and they mean more than he can explain as photography, hiking & painting is his life (personally and in business regards). Not having his photographed memories is devastating to him in so many ways.

I have a feeling you are the kind of couple sitting there staring at his backpack, wishing there was a way you could get it back to him, but you just don't have enough information. I'd love to hear from you if you think this was you that helped my father. Please feel free to contact me via Facebook Message if you have seen this story & you can help a man on the west coast reunite with his beloved Canon camera. Much appreciated the few moments you took to help a stranger out on the side of the road!

Please feel free to share this story if you think it would be helpful! The more shares, the more of a chance of a reconnection. Social media is so powerful & I'm praying that good comes back around to a good man himself.....my dad! I love him so very much and I just want him to get his camera back because I know what it means to him and what it feels like to him without it.
lets go!!
14 REPLIES 14

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
lovemountains wrote:
If I put this information on Facebook for my friends in Asheville to see, how would Emma and her husband contact the daughter or her father in California?

Well you and I wouldn't, but others that live in that general area would.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

windinmyface2
Explorer
Explorer
lovemountains wrote:
If I put this information on Facebook for my friends in Asheville to see, how would Emma and her husband contact the daughte dr or her father in California?

the daughter's name is Ingrid Goodman, she lives in California. I have not seen any other contact info.

also, it was posted on WLOS ABC 13 PAGE.
lets go!!

lovemountains
Explorer
Explorer
If I put this information on Facebook for my friends in Asheville to see, how would Emma and her husband contact the daughter or her father in California?

windinmyface2
Explorer
Explorer
this is not a chain letter, nor is it my experience...I copied it from a forum on Face Book. I live near Bishop, where this all took place. I thought this was a way to reach many people that traveled. Thanks for all the comments, it would be awesome for the man to get his pack and camera back.
please share if your heart is in the right place.
lets go!!

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
Is this first hand or a chain letter? I am tempted to look for emma over on snopes.

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
Memories are what one has when pictures are not available.

But those fade over time and are difficult to show to others.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

PastorCharlie
Explorer
Explorer
Memories are what one has when pictures are not available.

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
@lwiddis
Dang dude, you make pessimists cringe, with your pessimism...

X2. Emma might not even realize the backpack was there. Emma may have turned it over to a local PD. Maybe Emma looked and there was no ID in the pack. Maybe Emma just didn't know what to do. Please go hug a kitten.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
I would also look to see if there is a nextdoor.com neighborhood site for that area.

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
I think you will get much more results on Facebook. I hope you posted there as well.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

naturist
Nomad
Nomad
Donโ€™t know who Emma could be, but loss of my photos is why I bought a white paint pen from an artistsโ€™ supply shop and wrote my name and phone number on my memory cards, camera bodies, lenses, and other gear. You might consider such measures for your own gear, oh readers of this thread.

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
Reality isn't pessimism.
I do hope the camera is recovered. The lady took enough of her time to help him, I think she will also take some time on social media to try to find him.
Let's hope.
Puma 30RKSS

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
@lwiddis
Dang dude, you make pessimists cringe, with your pessimism...
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
I donโ€™t think RVers would know Emma. Doesnโ€™t sound like a camper. Was ID in the backpack? If Emma was this helpful she would have searched it and found the ID IMO. Itโ€™s been 12 days... Not using the cloud is a hard lesson when your photos are lost.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad