Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Trouble with California
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

 > Trouble with California

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 29  
Prev  |  Next
mountainkowboy

Socal > NE Oregon

Senior Member

Joined: 09/20/2004

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 01/19/20 01:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I go between Or and CA all the time and go through the "AG" stops all the time. I have been asked a few times if they can "inspect" the inside of my TC for whatever, I just laugh at them and say no. They have no authority for such...in fact 90% of the time the Leo's don't have the authority, but people are intimidated by the request and submit to it, why I have no idea.

Know your rights and demand respect from ANYONE, or be a sheep and get trampled on.


Chuck & Ruth with 4-legged Molly
1990 F350 S/C Lariat Dually (Red)
1990 S&S 11SC Cabover
2011 Ford Ranger
1987 HD FLHTP


Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

Senior Member

Joined: 03/28/2018

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 01/19/20 02:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mountainkowboy wrote:

I go between Or and CA all the time and go through the "AG" stops all the time. I have been asked a few times if they can "inspect" the inside of my TC for whatever, I just laugh at them and say no. They have no authority for such...in fact 90% of the time the Leo's don't have the authority, but people are intimidated by the request and submit to it, why I have no idea.

Know your rights and demand respect from ANYONE, or be a sheep and get trampled on.


I'm sorry if I found this incredulous. I don't think you'll even be asked, and you'll just be waived at the border if you have a Oregon license plate. That's within flying distance of any insect and don't need you car to be transported. These nearby states, up to WA have joint-coordinated pest control protocols.

am1958

SE Michigan

Senior Member

Joined: 04/10/2014

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 01/19/20 03:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Seriously, I'm the obtuse one when you found yourself embarrassed by being unable to dispute my premise by being unable to check any of the boxes as "probable cause"?


Yes, you are... You made a monumentally stupid or disingenuous statement when you stated that "you gave up your rights when you bought a car" or words to that effect. I pointed out how wrong you were and you responded with a series of questions unrelated to your original premise.

An Agricultural stop is not the same as an LEO stop so refusing the search and turning around is quite legal. You're proposition that a refusal to have your property searched by some low level government lackey would somehow provide an actual LEO RAS is errr... yet again, ill advised...

Some advice: Stop digging, you've reached the stupid argument level... If you go any further everyone else here will stop giggling and start pitying you....

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

Senior Member

Joined: 03/28/2018

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 01/19/20 03:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

am1958 wrote:


An Agricultural stop is not the same as an LEO stop so refusing the search and turning around is quite legal.

Some advice: Stop digging, you've reached the stupid argument level... If you go any further everyone else here will stop giggling and start pitying you....


Is this where you stomp your feet, gnash your teeth and cry out loud (or shout) to forward show your paranoia -- or in the case of a lawyer, bang the table and shout the argument when found with pants down legalese?

Actually, this is what I said, you'll be given an option by the border inspector to turn-around. But if he/she somehow suspect that your contraband is more than just fruits, he/she has the option to call LEO either within CA or NV for an interjection.

Like they did in a Hells Angels' national gathering in Fontana, they can invoke their rights as much as they want to, meanwhile, they get shackles for resisting arrest after showing attitude for refusing inspection. Yeah, inspectors don't do that, LEO's job.

Now you can go back to stomping your feet and having a tantrum. Or, calm down, this is just a debate. And you are actually doing us a favor if you don't do your camping in California as we are having difficulty getting reservations ourselves in the nearby states.

Turtle n Peeps

California

Senior Member

Joined: 06/23/2008

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 01/19/20 03:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

am1958 wrote:


An Agricultural stop is not the same as an LEO stop so refusing the search and turning around is quite legal.

Some advice: Stop digging, you've reached the stupid argument level... If you go any further everyone else here will stop giggling and start pitying you....


Is this where you stomp your feet, gnash your teeth and cry out loud (or shout) to forward show your paranoia -- or in the case of a lawyer, bang the table and shout the argument when found with pants down legalese?

Actually, this is what I said, you'll be given an option by the border inspector to turn-around. But if he/she somehow suspect that your contraband is more than just fruits, he/she has the option to call LEO either within CA or NV for an interjection.

Like they did in a Hells Angels' national gathering in Fontana, they can invoke their rights as much as they want to, meanwhile, they get shackles for resisting arrest after showing attitude for refusing inspection. Yeah, inspectors don't do that, LEO's job.

Now you can go back to stomping your feet and having a tantrum. Or, calm down, this is just a debate. And you are actually doing us a favor if you don't do your camping in California as we are having difficulty getting reservations ourselves in the nearby states.


LOL, did the people in the links I posted have to turn around? LOL


~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~


"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln


am1958

SE Michigan

Senior Member

Joined: 04/10/2014

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 01/19/20 04:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

am1958 wrote:


An Agricultural stop is not the same as an LEO stop so refusing the search and turning around is quite legal.

Some advice: Stop digging, you've reached the stupid argument level... If you go any further everyone else here will stop giggling and start pitying you....


Is this where you stomp your feet, gnash your teeth and cry out loud (or shout) to forward show your paranoia -- or in the case of a lawyer, bang the table and shout the argument when found with pants down legalese?

Actually, this is what I said, you'll be given an option by the border inspector to turn-around. But if he/she somehow suspect that your contraband is more than just fruits, he/she has the option to call LEO either within CA or NV for an interjection.

Like they did in a Hells Angels' national gathering in Fontana, they can invoke their rights as much as they want to, meanwhile, they get shackles for resisting arrest after showing attitude for refusing inspection. Yeah, inspectors don't do that, LEO's job.

Now you can go back to stomping your feet and having a tantrum. Or, calm down, this is just a debate. And you are actually doing us a favor if you don't do your camping in California as we are having difficulty getting reservations ourselves in the nearby states.


I'll give you credit for totally believing your own BS but to characterize me as "stomping my feet" is puerile at best.

You are wrong. You made an indefensibly stupid statement and now you are trying to make me out to be the Dumb Bass...

You're right in one thing... _IF_ the low end government lackey _thinks_ that you have furtive reasons for not being searched he can call _real_ LEO's... That doesn't make RAS... Notice that your ridiculous statement about relinquishing your rights by buying a car is "less then intelligent".

I think this conversation is a little too complicated for you...

As to California... I've been there numerous times in the last 30 years and each time it has become more and more onerous, (that's a big word - Google it), and I am now quite happy to never return. I'm quite sure you'll be happy about that. I am!

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

Senior Member

Joined: 03/28/2018

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 01/19/20 05:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

am1958 wrote:

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

am1958 wrote:


An Agricultural stop is not the same as an LEO stop so refusing the search and turning around is quite legal.

Some advice: Stop digging, you've reached the stupid argument level... If you go any further everyone else here will stop giggling and start pitying you....


Is this where you stomp your feet, gnash your teeth and cry out loud (or shout) to forward show your paranoia -- or in the case of a lawyer, bang the table and shout the argument when found with pants down legalese?

Actually, this is what I said, you'll be given an option by the border inspector to turn-around. But if he/she somehow suspect that your contraband is more than just fruits, he/she has the option to call LEO either within CA or NV for an interjection.

Like they did in a Hells Angels' national gathering in Fontana, they can invoke their rights as much as they want to, meanwhile, they get shackles for resisting arrest after showing attitude for refusing inspection. Yeah, inspectors don't do that, LEO's job.

Now you can go back to stomping your feet and having a tantrum. Or, calm down, this is just a debate. And you are actually doing us a favor if you don't do your camping in California as we are having difficulty getting reservations ourselves in the nearby states.


I'll give you credit for totally believing your own BS but to characterize me as "stomping my feet" is puerile at best.

You are wrong. You made an indefensibly stupid statement and now you are trying to make me out to be the Dumb Bass...

You're right in one thing... _IF_ the low end government lackey _thinks_ that you have furtive reasons for not being searched he can call _real_ LEO's... That doesn't make RAS... Notice that your ridiculous statement about relinquishing your rights by buying a car is "less then intelligent".

I think this conversation is a little too complicated for you...

As to California... I've been there numerous times in the last 30 years and each time it has become more and more onerous, (that's a big word - Google it), and I am now quite happy to never return. I'm quite sure you'll be happy about that. I am!


"Obstuse", "puerile", "dumb ass"... sorry, that those words that your high school teachers called your keeps coming back to you and you felt the sudden psychiatric needs to throw it to someone else. Sorry, I can't relate with your pain since what I've got since Grade 2 through graduate school and professional life were all compliments.

As to your insistence of the paranoid phrase of "giving up your rights", it actually called and Supreme Court uphold "automobile exception" search of vehicle for probable cause in which a LEO is given wide latitude.

On what you thought as big word "onerous", nice try, but it would not cover up for your big insecurity and very sad past.

And thank you for making one campsite in California vacant and available to us other visitors.[emoticon][emoticon]

GDS-3950BH

DC

Senior Member

Joined: 12/08/2019

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 01/19/20 05:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Holy Cow, sounds like someone is having a conniption LOL.


[image]

am1958

SE Michigan

Senior Member

Joined: 04/10/2014

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 01/19/20 05:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

am1958 wrote:

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

am1958 wrote:


An Agricultural stop is not the same as an LEO stop so refusing the search and turning around is quite legal.

Some advice: Stop digging, you've reached the stupid argument level... If you go any further everyone else here will stop giggling and start pitying you....


Is this where you stomp your feet, gnash your teeth and cry out loud (or shout) to forward show your paranoia -- or in the case of a lawyer, bang the table and shout the argument when found with pants down legalese?

Actually, this is what I said, you'll be given an option by the border inspector to turn-around. But if he/she somehow suspect that your contraband is more than just fruits, he/she has the option to call LEO either within CA or NV for an interjection.

Like they did in a Hells Angels' national gathering in Fontana, they can invoke their rights as much as they want to, meanwhile, they get shackles for resisting arrest after showing attitude for refusing inspection. Yeah, inspectors don't do that, LEO's job.

Now you can go back to stomping your feet and having a tantrum. Or, calm down, this is just a debate. And you are actually doing us a favor if you don't do your camping in California as we are having difficulty getting reservations ourselves in the nearby states.


I'll give you credit for totally believing your own BS but to characterize me as "stomping my feet" is puerile at best.

You are wrong. You made an indefensibly stupid statement and now you are trying to make me out to be the Dumb Bass...

You're right in one thing... _IF_ the low end government lackey _thinks_ that you have furtive reasons for not being searched he can call _real_ LEO's... That doesn't make RAS... Notice that your ridiculous statement about relinquishing your rights by buying a car is "less then intelligent".

I think this conversation is a little too complicated for you...

As to California... I've been there numerous times in the last 30 years and each time it has become more and more onerous, (that's a big word - Google it), and I am now quite happy to never return. I'm quite sure you'll be happy about that. I am!


"Obstuse", "puerile", "dumb ass"... sorry, that those words that your high school teachers called your keeps coming back to you and you felt the sudden psychiatric needs to throw it to someone else. Sorry, I can't relate with your pain since what I've got since Grade 2 through graduate school and professional life were all compliments.

As to your insistence of the paranoid phrase of "giving up your rights", it actually called and Supreme Court uphold "automobile exception" search of vehicle for probable cause in which a LEO is given wide latitude.

On what you thought as big word "onerous", nice try, but it would not cover up for your big insecurity and very sad past.

And thank you for making one campsite in California vacant and available to us other visitors.[emoticon][emoticon]



Defend your stupid statement that we relinquished our rights to search when we purchased a vehicle per the 1925 Supreme Court decision or shut up...

You're wrong, you know it and now you're just being argumentative for the sake of it. The 4th Amendment and every lawyer in the USA disagrees with you...

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

Senior Member

Joined: 03/28/2018

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 01/19/20 06:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

am1958 wrote:

...every lawyer in the USA disagrees with you...


[emoticon][emoticon][emoticon][emoticon][emoticon][emoticon]

That will send the judge rolling on the floor if he hears this. This is worst than pounding the table when your law is weak defense.

And you won't even be giving my lawyer brother, who actually agreed with me on the "vehicle exception" cases, to defend me.

Nuts!

PS - BTW, I'm a bit disappointed you did not use (what you thought are) big words in your latest post. You are slacking!

* This post was edited 01/19/20 06:21pm by Yosemite Sam1 *

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 29  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

 > Trouble with California
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:




© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.