cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opinions Needed - Starcraft vs. Cherokee Alpha Wolf

bjkb1f
Explorer
Explorer
Wife and I are looking at the two models below. It seems both will meet our needs just fine, but I wanted to get some feedback from those who may have experience with them.

Alpha Wolf

Super Lite

We currently have an Apex Nano 193BHS and it has been great. I've heard about quality control / lack of quality issues with Forest River products, which I know makes Cherokee. The Starcraft is under Thor. Neither model is particularly high-end as far as I know. Thoughts?

Also, my wife would really like the Starcraft Super Lite 281BH. Tow vehicle is a 2018 F150 with the 3.5 EcoBoost. I'm telling her that a 26-foot box / 30 foot OAL TT is pushing it and that a 32-33 footer is out of the question. Would you all agree? Concerned about payload and overal stability with that large of a trailer and a half-ton.
3 REPLIES 3

SRadke
Explorer
Explorer
I am looking at a similar issue... granted, I have neither a truck nor trailer at this time and I am looking to purchase both within the next year. I posted a new thread (Looking to take the plunge) and I am getting some good information there about truck/trailer combinations.

I hope you post again once you make your decision!

PS - I agree with kellem and find a way to get what the wife wants. 😉

kellem
Explorer
Explorer
We've actually had 3 Starcraft units without much complaint but certainly understand that more formidable build quality exist.

My advice......get what the wife wants and YES in my case it meant another tow vehicle.

afidel
Explorer II
Explorer II
Starcraft wins points for the toilet setup, more prep space, and better outdoor kitchen setup. Alpha wolf gets point for bigger fridge, bigger pantry, and potentially second entry depending on what your wife thinks about the kids tracking dirt in. Either way as you say they're both midrange entries from the two volume leaders so quality is going to be suspect. Personally I'd probably make the call based on which dealer I felt more comfortable with if pricing is similar.
2019 Dutchman Kodiak 293RLSL
2015 GMC 1500 Sierra 4x4 5.3 3.42 full bed
Equalizer 10k WDH