Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Unbelievable... CW-SierraReno can only sked, in 2 months???
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Camping World Service and Inst...

Open Roads Forum  >  Camping World Service and Installation

> Unbelievable... CW-SierraReno can only sked, in 2 months???

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
ppine

Northern Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 10/23/19 09:49am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

People have a false sense of security about help coming when they are in distress. In a lot of the West cell phones don't work. Nobody is going 150 miles into the desert to help you. YOu are on your own and need to realize it before you go out there.

BadgerMcAdams

Phoenix, AZ

View Profile

Posted: 10/23/19 10:08am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

With that kind of customer service, I wonder how they stayed in business.

Sadly, because once they have your money, they don't care.

YC 1

Yuba City Calif./ Auburndale Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/23/19 10:09am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The seasonal nature of the rv service business must be incredibly difficult to deal with. Feast or famine. Much like the construction business in some places where weather puts a damper on things etc.

Training people to be great service people, paying them well enough to stay and take care of difficult customers, is a near impossible task.

We used to get buried in the Spring with our service business. It was like throwing a switch. You could fire a shot in any direction and not hit anyone until that switch is turned on.

I could literally write a book after nearly 50 years in the "Service Business". The stress was enormous and took its toll on my health.

As "Service Person of the Year" many eons ago for Motorola I truly appreciate great service and how easy it is to go from high to low. It is like licking honey off cactus.

Throw in an intermittent or some modification done by prior owners and you can really test a highly qualified techs skill.

These cheap RV's at any price are thrown together and there is no OBD port to give the tech just the few critical pieces of information needed to solve the issue.

Your RV tech can't take vacations when the RV season is here. They are buried in work.

Think of the techs as restaurant servers. They get swamped at times but most really try to provide good service even under those conditions.

If possible, I always had the tech that was going to do the service talk to the customer. Discussing the issues directly more often provided critical information needed to solve some strange problem.

Alas, I am long winded. Guess I should write that book.

H/R Endeavor 2008
2013 Ford Edge toad
Full Timers

wanderingaimlessly

SOBOVA

View Profile

Posted: 10/23/19 01:02pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

With that kind of customer service, I wonder how they stayed in business.

That's why for every small things, I DIY -- and study how things work.

Because there is a certain percentage of people out there who don't learn from their mistakes, and keep going back, enabling their bad actions.

Good Sam Care Team

Everywhere

Administrator

View Profile

Posted: 11/07/19 08:44am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello,

I am closing this topic due to lack of activity. Thank you for your time and participating. Please feel free to open a new thread on this topic in the future if you wish.

Thank you,
Ella
Good Sam Care Team

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Camping World Service and Installation

> Unbelievable... CW-SierraReno can only sked, in 2 months???
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Camping World Service and Inst...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.