Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: RV Pet Stop: Camping Cat
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Cats

> Camping Cat

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
2oldman

Ca

View Profile

Posted: 10/26/19 10:08am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My Zia..

[image]

toedtoes

California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/26/19 01:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Pretty! She looks quite content on her chair...

The Cat in Training or TCIT (his temporary screen name) is coming along great. He watched the latest Nature episode and saw the lioness take down a massive meal with a bad paw and ever since he not limped. Coincidence or ?? [emoticon]

The Cat is currently using him to get his breakfast early. The Cat doesn't like waiting till 7 am. So now he sits in front of the carrier until TCIT wakes up and starts fussing. Then The Cat sits back and lets TCIT bother the dogs until I send them out and fix cat breakfasts. He knows TCIT is too small to be safe bothering the dogs, so I'll have to stop it.

Today they are going out to the trailer to help me do some prep work for the next trip.

1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

toedtoes

California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/26/19 06:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

TCIT says he's a camping cat through and through!

He went out on the porch in his harness and leash today. At first he was a bit worried, but after I explained that he isn't a homeless cat when he's wearing his harness and leash, and The Cat showed him how to do it, he took to it like a Fishing Cat to water.

Then we went into the trailer to hang. He found it quite comfy.

[image]

He was even able to lay with The Cat for a moment!

[image]

The first photo shows him in his "spare" harness. Basic bright green with matching 4ft leash. The second photo shows him in his Monarch harness (because he's royal... The Cat has a Bug harness and leash because his name is Bug). The monarch harness is a tad too big yet, so he'll use the spare for the time being. The monarch and bug harnesses and leashes are from yellow dog design. The leashes are 5ft long. The harnesses are the Roman H harnesses. There are tons of patterns and sizes (even dogs). TCIT's gear will go with him to his new home.

toedtoes

California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/16/19 11:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

So The Cat and The Cat in Training are best of friends now...

Today, a friend and I took the two dogs, two parrots, and two cats to the local wildlife refuge for a day trip. It was The Cat in Training's first outdoor trip (other than around the yard at home).

The Cat walked on his leash with the dogs for the entire interpretive trail. TCIT thought he could, but as soon as he got on the ground he realized he was just a 10 week old kitten and it's a big world. So he rode on top of the bird backpack (which I wear as a frontpack). At the viewing platform, he got down and explored a bit with his brother. After visiting with some other folks there, they kicked back and relaxed for a bit.
[image]

Scottiemom

South Dakota/Indiana

View Profile

Posted: 11/17/19 04:18am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

So glad you harness your cats. I still see too many being let out at campgrounds and I worry about their safety.

Kudos to you for teaching this wee one early.

Dale

Dale Pace
Wife to Terry (Teacher's Pet)
2006 Tiffin Phaeton 40'(Phaeton Place)
2014 Ford Flex
2004 R-Vision Trail-lite 213 (MinnieMee)
Fulltiming since 2005

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/
Where are we?

toedtoes

California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/17/19 04:25am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks. I would NEVER let them outside without a harness and leash.

Wanderlost

Texas Hill Country

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/17/19 11:21am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Great job! Are you sure that TCIT isn't already in his forever home? Bug seems to be okay with him now.

I look forward to their adventures.

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." -- Mahatma Gandhi

Czarny and Rudy, cat brothers extraordinaire
Spotacus--Rainbow Bridge

toedtoes

California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/17/19 02:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yeah, The Cat decided that over a week ago. They are inseparable. They call for each other. They sleep together. They play together. And The Cat uses TCIT as leverage to get me to feed him early. And TCIT watches everything The Cat does and learns how to do it too.

I've been played.

Their next trip is Death Valley. They are eager to see the giant litter box called sand dunes... [emoticon]

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Cats

> Camping Cat
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS