Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Beginning RVing: Dog Attack
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Beginning RVing

Open Roads Forum  >  Beginning RVing

> Dog Attack

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next
westernrvparkowner

montana

View Profile

Posted: 10/23/19 11:47am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

On a different tangent, why are dogs at an Apple Festival to begin with? They don't eat apples, they can't make apple pies and they don't sing the song "Don't sit under the Apple Tree with anyone else but me." I am no fan of pit bulls, but to me this is a situation where neither dog should have been there, hence no confrontation.

dodge guy

Bartlett IL

View Profile

Posted: 10/23/19 12:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have had a German Shepard that I wouldn’t hesitate to let play with little kids. I currently have a small mix breed that can’t be trusted around anyone. She was like that from the day we got her. We tried everything and it’s just the way she is. So small dogs are no better than large dogs. So if you can’t control them, don’t take them out in public!

Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

2012Coleman

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 10/23/19 12:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sometimes, I wish I got those forum errors everyone's talking about...

Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

azdryheat

Tucson, AZ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/23/19 02:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Why do people think they need to take their dogs everywhere? If dogs were banned at that Apple festival there wouldn't have been an attack. Keep the dogs at home.

OR - if dogs are going to be present, as in this case, take your lovable firearm with you and blow away the attacking dog(s). Sounds harsh, doesn't it? But think about it. I'll bet you the Apple festival was in a gun-free zone. Shouldn't it also be a dog-free zone for the same reason?

2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2011 Harley Ultra Limited
2016 RZR 900

Crowe

Merrimack, NH

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/23/19 03:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Then reread the post. Are you blinded by your love of dogs?

Read it quite clearly and understood it quite well. Nope, bashing pit bulls is no different than bashing KOA campgrounds. Some are bad, some are good, some are in-between. Does nothing but fuel flames of an unneeded fire.

On a different tangent, why are dogs at an Apple Festival to begin with?

This is the better question to address. One bad dog can ruin it for the rest. I'm often at events that allow dogs. Mine are generally not with me at such gatherings as I'd rather not have the responsibility. I've seen dogs that shouldn't be there a few times but the overwhelming majority of the time there have been no issues. I agree that almost always it's the stupidity of the owner that's at fault. I am not just a dog lover but a dog person. However, I sometimes question the fairness of having dogs at these events to those who dislike, are allergic to or are afraid of dogs. I don't subscribe to the mantra "if my dog can't go then I won't go". Expecting everyone to adore and be comfortable with your dog is selfish and disrespectful.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be Douglas Adams

RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road.

wa8yxm

Wherever I happen to park

View Profile

Posted: 10/23/19 03:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Joke time (This thread needs on)

Man sitting on park bench Dog sitting beside bench
2nd man asks "Does your dog bite?"
First man replies "No, My dog does not bite"
Second man goes to sit down and the dog bites him seriously.
He says to first man "I thought you said your dog does not bite"

First man replies: "He does not.. that's not my dog, my dog is at home".

Home is where I park it.
Kenwood TS-2000 housed in a 2005 Damon Intruder 377

gbopp

The Keystone State

View Profile

Posted: 10/23/19 04:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Jayco-noslide wrote:

Regrettably we seem to be living in a dog loving world where dogs are being given more and more freedom.

Not just dogs. Call them 'comfort animals' and they have more rights than humans. [emoticon]

America will self destruct from Political Correctness.

dodge guy

Bartlett IL

View Profile

Posted: 10/23/19 06:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2012Coleman wrote:

Sometimes, I wish I got those forum errors everyone's talking about...

My unofficial vote for funny post of the year!

JG

Williamsburg, Virginia, USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/23/19 06:25pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Crowe wrote:

Then reread the post. Are you blinded by your love of dogs?

Read it quite clearly and understood it quite well. Nope, bashing pit bulls is no different than bashing KOA campgrounds. Some are bad, some are good, some are in-between. Does nothing but fuel flames of an unneeded fire.

On a different tangent, why are dogs at an Apple Festival to begin with?

This is the better question to address. One bad dog can ruin it for the rest. I'm often at events that allow dogs. Mine are generally not with me at such gatherings as I'd rather not have the responsibility. I've seen dogs that shouldn't be there a few times but the overwhelming majority of the time there have been no issues. I agree that almost always it's the stupidity of the owner that's at fault. I am not just a dog lover but a dog person. However, I sometimes question the fairness of having dogs at these events to those who dislike, are allergic to or are afraid of dogs. I don't subscribe to the mantra "if my dog can't go then I won't go". Expecting everyone to adore and be comfortable with your dog is selfish and disrespectful.

I wasn't bashing Pit bulls.That was my description of the dog. My sister has a sweet dog it is a Pit Bull. My point was the dog was to strong for it's owner.

* This post was edited 10/23/19 07:03pm by JG *

2019 Casita Liberty
2015 Chevy Truck
Wonderful wife since 1969

toedtoes

California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/23/19 07:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

gbopp wrote:

Jayco-noslide wrote:

Regrettably we seem to be living in a dog loving world where dogs are being given more and more freedom.

Not just dogs. Call them 'comfort animals' and they have more rights than humans. [emoticon]

America will self destruct from Political Correctness.

Nothing to do with political correctedness. This is simply a case of dogs being somewhere dogs really shouldn't be and problems occurring because people won't acknowledge that their dogs aren't perfect and assuming they can handle any situation with them.

1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Beginning RVing

> Dog Attack
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Beginning RVing

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.