cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

mystery switch

JOERVDREAM
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2005 Winnebago sightseer 29r. In the cabinet on the right of the tv in the cab area is a button that when you push down a green light comes on and when you push it again the light goes off? Also the outlet plates in the cabinets next to the tv and also in the cabinet in the bedroom where that tv would be are black? There's one across from the refrigerator also? All the rest of the outlet covers are white and are in everyday use areas? An inverter was an option that the previous owner did not get. are these outlets pre-wired for a inverter?
Thanks
12 REPLIES 12

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
If it says WINEGARD on it for sure it's an antenna switch of one kind or another for that is what they make

3 (now that I think of it) options
1: The Over the air antenna.... There are a few different OTA antenna power feeds.. ONE uses a "Stand alone" switch. exactly as you described. This feeds a device called a "power inserter" in the coax line from the antenna

2: as I said. Automatic Sat antenna

3: Winegard now makes Rooftop Wi-Fi systems. theyre are a few diffent ones
one is Wi-Fi to Wi-Fi (Re-routes park) and one (Actually there are at least two of one model) can re-route park wi-fi or be a 4GLTE hotspot like my pone

Guesses are presented in preference order by the way.. That last system is fairly new and I do not think it would be standard on any new rig yet.

The others.. Well the OTA antenna is very common.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

LVJ58
Explorer
Explorer
I have a rocker switch in my coach that lights up green when depressed upward and it activates on my winegard automatic satellite antenna.
Jim & Sherry Seward
Las Vegas, NV
2000 Residency 3790 V-10 w/tags & Banks System
2003 Suzuki XL/7 toad

Finally_Time
Explorer
Explorer
The push button (green) is for over-the-air antenna use; it boosts the signal strength. Push it off (no light) for cable reception. If you are trying to view the TV via a cable hook-up and get no signal or a snowy picture, check to be sure this switch is off.
'17 Tiffin Breeze 31BR, '13 Honda CR-V
Ready Brute Elite Tow Bar & Brake System

Horsedoc
Explorer II
Explorer II
Antenna booster switch. Turn off when cable connected?
horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
Blue Ox tow

Old-Biscuit
Explorer
Explorer
time2roll wrote:
My guess the switch is for an inverter to power those black outlets while in transit or camped without utility power.

My guess also....
No Coax cable connection BUT small on/off button with Winegard on the outlet

Inverter fed outlets/black plates to distingusih them from standard AC Power Outlets AND on/off button for antenna booster
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
My guess the switch is for an inverter to power those black outlets while in transit or camped without utility power.

JOERVDREAM
Explorer
Explorer
Yes it does say winegard on it. As far as the black outlet plates go they are 120 looking. There is also one in the compartment with the outside stereo radio. It is next to a cig lighter type 12 volt outlet and also a white 120 plate is right above it? None of the manuals I have say anything about them. Thanks Old-Biscuit for the wiring diagram.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
IS there anything else on the wall plate where that button is?
Antenna connetion + 12 volt outlet + Antenna booster

Word: Winegard. or Jack or King controls likewise.

Other option:

SOme RV's have an automatic Satellite antenna. and such a switch may power it as well. These make noise. usually 2-5 seconds after power on. (noise usually goes away after a couple minutes or faster)
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Old-Biscuit
Explorer
Explorer
Are these standard outlets (3 prong 120VAC)
OR
Coax Cable connectors

????

2005 Sightseer 29R wiring
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

RLS7201
Explorer
Explorer
The outlets by the TV are switch off when the ignition key is turned on, so the driver can not watch TV while driving. That might be the reason the covers are black.

Richard
95 Bounder 32H F53 460
2013 CRV Toad
2 Segways in Toad
First brake job
1941 Hudson

mleekamp
Explorer
Explorer
That should be the antenna booster as Dave stated. When ON (green light) you are able to pick up channels farther away. I've forgot to turn ours on once or twice, but could still pick up a couple channels. Once, in the SW, left it off and found no channels (far away from town). When back on, I got a few.

Dave_in_TN
Nomad
Nomad
Might be antenna booster?
Dave & Christy / 5 Awesome Girls (28,26,24, 18 and 16)
2021 Grand Design Solitude 378MBS
2019 Ford F-350 SRW 6.7