cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

A flash back today - to former member Sully!

Smitty77
Explorer
Explorer
We're relaxing in the warm high 63 temps of the Oregon Coast today after several days of rain...

Decided it would be a good day to go to lunch, convinced the wife (Did not complete the sentence, before she said Yes!), and off we went. A local Mexican restaurant on Hwy 101 in Newport, OR.

So as we're making sure the salsa and hot sauce were good, 'chipping' as we wait for our lunches... I look out the window at stop light. And a vintage Country Coach, pre paint cream color unit with gel coat, was at the light. (In great shape I might add!).

And then a gent walks into the eating room wearing a Sombrero...

Sully!!! It made me think of former Forum member Sully!!! His picture with the Sombrero perched on his head... And of course, he was one of those 'fanatical' Country Coach Owner's!!! (As I have become myself... And I know that the messages back and forth with Sully, helped make my decision to buy a Country Coach...

It's funny how we can make relationships, and in many cases never meeting in person - via these forums...

Point of my message? Well a 'Salute to Sully!!!'... Sure, he could cranky at times. But his wit, and his willing to share his opinion and knowledge - is what RV'ing and Forum Member's holing each other - was all about... A smile to you Sully. (And Sir, I left a tab open for you, stop in fro a Pacifico on me!!!).

Ok, back to RV stuff. But please all, remember those who take the time to help us when we need it... Sully, was such a member...

Best to all,
Smitty
10 REPLIES 10

grldst
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah, I remember the first time he responded to a thread I started, and I thought to myself "Who the heck is this guy"? I think in his hey day he responded to just about every thread in the Class A forum.

He was not exactly the guy I would choose to handle my customer service department. He at times would come across a bit on the abrasive side, but he had a wealth of good solid information. RIP.

RRTom
Explorer
Explorer
I remember him from the forum. He is missed.
2020 Georgetown GT 31LS

Ed_C
Explorer
Explorer
Smitty,
Did you enjoy lunch at Super Oscar's? I never conversed with Sully but I enjoyed reading his posts for years. Are you still at PS?
Ed/Jeanie & Slade the GSD
2017 Entegra Aspire 42 RBQ/ Sierra Crew

Cloud_Dancer
Explorer II
Explorer II
He knew things, like how good the design AND quality of Country Coach IS.
Willie & Betty Sue
Miko & Sparky
2003 41 ft Dutch Star Diesel Pusher/Spartan
Floorplan 4010
Blazer toad & Ranger bassboat

Bruce_Brown
slickest1 wrote:
He could be crusty but I enjoyed his posts. He is missed!

He was a Teddy Bear! We did the Yellowstone trip with Sully and his wonderful wife Nancy.

He came across as crusty, he really wasn't.
There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910

RLS7201
Explorer
Explorer
I actually got a compliment from Sully once. Go figure?

Richard
95 Bounder 32H F53 460
2013 CRV Toad
2 Segways in Toad
First brake job
1941 Hudson

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
He was always interesting.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

slickest1
Explorer
Explorer
He could be crusty but I enjoyed his posts. He is missed!
1998 Holiday Rambler Imperial 40 ft.
Dennis and Marcie and Pup the Jack Russell

Acampingwewillg
Explorer
Explorer
Great memory....from my many years on this Forum, "Sully" kind of grew on you and I think he mellowed over the years! Miss him too.
96 Vogue Prima Vista
The Kid's: Humphrie, the Mini Schnauzer and Georgie,wire haired dachshund.
Rainbow Bridge: Laddie,Scoutie,Katie,Cooper,Kodie,Rubie,Maggie, Cassie, Mollie, Elvis, Potter and Rosie Love You! (40+ years in all)

ArchHoagland
Explorer
Explorer
Miss his posts. He was a good guy.
2004 Monaco La Palma 36DBD
Workhorse W22 8.1 Gas Allison 1000, 7.1 mpg

2000 LEXUS RX300 FWD 22MPG 4020 LBS
US Gear Brakes