cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Atwood leveling jack replacement

bennefim
Explorer
Explorer
At fleetwood service center now with Jack problem. Since atwood parts are unavailable new system is recommended. Any suggestions on brand or other options?
Doug
2006 pace arrow. 36d
12 REPLIES 12

bennefim
Explorer
Explorer
Control board mounts on dash. Part number is 26673.

Doug

dnrnhrd
Explorer
Explorer
Which board do you have- the one that mounts inside and has the buttons- p/n 66555 or the board that mounts 'under' the rv? I am interested in the board that mounts under the rv. thanx.

bennefim
Explorer
Explorer
We had Equalizer auto jacks installed at Elkhart factory and have been very pleased. Only spare part left is the control board if anyone interested.

Doug

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
We went to Tiffin in June looking for jack replacements and a control board. Only found used jacks over at bunkhouse. Control board could be found on line. But you could spend a couple thousand for these used parts and have the same problem next time you went to use them. So we bit the bullet and put on a complete new BigFoot system. Yes, it was expensive, but we live fulltime in it and needed to have a working jack system. They have been great.

Dale
Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/

bennefim
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Doug for the tip. Called Tiffin and they are all gone. They had replacements made for their Tiffin customers.Very good company! They mow use Hwh.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
bennefim wrote:
The problem I have always had the Jack's overextend,Shear a pin/gear then want retract or extend, Just loose. No replacement Jack's or parts anymore.

Contac Tiffin motorhomes in Red Bay. They did have complete jacks still available a few months ago. Doug

bennefim
Explorer
Explorer
The problem I have always had the Jack's overextend,Shear a pin/gear then want retract or extend, Just loose. No replacement Jack's or parts anymore.

deprived
Explorer
Explorer
May I ask what problem you are having?

bennefim
Explorer
Explorer
Got prices for hwh, bigfoot and equalizer. High to low was hwh, Bigfoot, then equalizer.

Bruce_Brown
I've been looking at Equalizer. We all know HWH is good but wow they're pricey.

Sometime in the near future we too need to make a decision.
There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910

philandterri
Explorer
Explorer
We replaced our Atwood Levelegs with Big Foot.

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
We replaced the Atwood systsem on our 2006 Phaeton in July. We were thinking of the HWH system or the Big foot by Quadra Manufacturing. We were in northern Indiana, so either was convenient. We eventually went with the Big Foot. My husband liked that the four jacks were totally independent of each other with their own hydraulic pumps. One jack not working would not keep the system from operating. If one broke, it can be replaced easily. And we read about the customer service. Big Foot is owned by a family and they answer the phone even on the weekends. I like that the phone number is written on the panel, so no looking up a file. I did call one time when after several levelings, I thought the level needed adjustment because I always seemed to be a little low in one corner. Clinton answered the phone and walked me through resetting the default. Perfect. We had just pulled in, leveled, and I called from the driver's seat and within 40 seconds, I was happy. We have been very happy with the Big Foot system.

It has changed things. The air dump previously was tied in with the Atwoods. One time when a jack broke we could not move because the jacks system would not allow us to air up. So DH had to get in the "secret compartment" and manually air the system. With the Big Foot system, I now have an Air Dump switch. I like that.

Good luck. Do your research. I think either the HWH or the Big Foot would be a good choice. There is also Equalizer.

Dale
Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/