Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Myrtle Beach Camping World
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

 > Myrtle Beach Camping World

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
bobsallyh

Livingston, TX.

Senior Member

Joined: 01/08/2004

View Profile



Posted: 10/24/19 08:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Another RV with problems.

https://www.wmbfnews.com/2019/10/24/customers-say-rv-purchase-turned-into-nightmare/

azdryheat

Tucson, AZ

Senior Member

Joined: 03/02/2012

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 10/24/19 09:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

LINK Link updated.

* This post was edited 10/24/19 10:52pm by azdryheat *


2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2011 Harley Ultra Limited
2016 RZR 900


azdryheat

Tucson, AZ

Senior Member

Joined: 03/02/2012

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 10/24/19 09:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That's why I did my own repairs on my Voltage.

Ride S40T

OK

Full Member

Joined: 01/11/2019

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 10/24/19 10:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yeah, we read all the horror stories and figured going into RVing that the unit is pretty much sold "as is". Get smart and do our own repairs or be prepared to have our local shop do it (they're pretty good and reasonably priced).

A warranty means nothing if you can't get it fixed or get it fixed right. That said, we've been pleasantly surprised with the one time we had to take it in. Was diagnosed and back to us in 3 days. Um, yeah, the "thing" was my fault. But zero charge to me for the visit.


2019 Keystone Outback 250URS
2019 GMC Sierra Denali HD 3500 SRW
Traveling K9s Diesel and Roger


down home

south

Senior Member

Joined: 06/01/2008

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 10/24/19 10:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

azdryheat wrote:

LINK


Watched an F104, 69, Viet Nam come up our flight line, south to north from the sea, 100ftfrom the deck maybe. Right before he got parallel with our support unit's hanger,He opened up his gattling gun. It did not fire at as fast a rate as an A10 but I believe it was a 30mm,
In just a few hundred feet he almost stalled, it seemed, from the recoil.
The north end of the field was tin shanties, right up to our wire, almost.Next day and thereafter when I took the jeep o the USO, or the PX across town I kept a more watchful eye.I never did see what he hit.

bucky

Raleigh metro

Senior Member

Joined: 05/07/2003

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 10/25/19 03:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

.


2005 Cummins 2500 2WD LB quad cab pulling a 2014 Blue Ridge 3025RL


WVcampground

WV

Full Member

Joined: 10/18/2019

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 10/25/19 04:36am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The article can be summed up in one sentence towards the end.

"WMBF reached out to Thor and Forest River for comment and did not receive a call back."

When confronted................Hide LOL.

They can blame the dealer, and the dealer can blame the manufacturer, but ultimately in the end they are in it together and know exactly what they're doing, and what they can get away with. Nothing new here. They intend to ride the wave until it crashes like it always has, then start over.

But...............this may be a game changer, or it may not. Even if it is it will take years and then they'll find another loophole to exploit.

GAME CHANGER?


MORE

DownTheAvenue

Sunny South

Senior Member

Joined: 07/30/2014

View Profile



Posted: 10/25/19 08:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

down home wrote:

Watched an F104, 69, Viet Nam come up our flight line, south to north from the sea, 100ftfrom the deck maybe. Right before he got parallel with our support unit's hanger,He opened up his gattling gun. It did not fire at as fast a rate as an A10 but I believe it was a 30mm,
In just a few hundred feet he almost stalled, it seemed, from the recoil.
The north end of the field was tin shanties, right up to our wire, almost.Next day and thereafter when I took the jeep o the USO, or the PX across town I kept a more watchful eye.I never did see what he hit.


What in the world has this got to do with a new RV that has multiple problems and the difficulty in getting correct repairs done?

Bird Freak

Dallas Ga.

Senior Member

Joined: 03/26/2004

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 10/25/19 09:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DownTheAvenue wrote:

down home wrote:

Watched an F104, 69, Viet Nam come up our flight line, south to north from the sea, 100ftfrom the deck maybe. Right before he got parallel with our support unit's hanger,He opened up his gattling gun. It did not fire at as fast a rate as an A10 but I believe it was a 30mm,
In just a few hundred feet he almost stalled, it seemed, from the recoil.
The north end of the field was tin shanties, right up to our wire, almost.Next day and thereafter when I took the jeep o the USO, or the PX across town I kept a more watchful eye.I never did see what he hit.


What in the world has this got to do with a new RV that has multiple problems and the difficulty in getting correct repairs done?
Yep, lost me on this one too.


Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

Ozlander

Rose Hill, Kansas

Senior Member

Joined: 04/23/2003

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 10/25/19 10:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bird Freak wrote:

DownTheAvenue wrote:

down home wrote:

Watched an F104, 69, Viet Nam come up our flight line, south to north from the sea, 100ftfrom the deck maybe. Right before he got parallel with our support unit's hanger,He opened up his gattling gun. It did not fire at as fast a rate as an A10 but I believe it was a 30mm,
In just a few hundred feet he almost stalled, it seemed, from the recoil.
The north end of the field was tin shanties, right up to our wire, almost.Next day and thereafter when I took the jeep o the USO, or the PX across town I kept a more watchful eye.I never did see what he hit.


What in the world has this got to do with a new RV that has multiple problems and the difficulty in getting correct repairs done?
Yep, lost me on this one too.

You have to understand Old Timers Disease, easy to get lost in your thoughts.


Ozlander

06 Yukon XL
2001 Trail-Lite 7253


Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

 > Myrtle Beach Camping World
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:




© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.