cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

last camp

Jebby14
Explorer
Explorer
just booked a local 1 night for tonight. its next door to the place that services my camper. Supposed to be 34 degrees tonight but my daughter begged. Also need to be at work for 5:30 am tomorrow so im leaving the wife and kids there and going back after work to move the camper next door for service. We might be crazy but that's the love of camping im glad shes picking up.
Q: Whats brown and sticky???

A: A Stick....
5 REPLIES 5

Jebby14
Explorer
Explorer
camper was nice and toasty, the space heater kept it comfortable in my sleeping bag furnace never kicked on. sure wasn't fun leaving this morning for work........

jseyfert3
Explorer
Explorer
I saw your picture and thought "they've got the same camper as us!" Checked your profile, Flagstaff Micro Lite 23B. Checked, made by Forest River. Modern foorplan look identical to the modern Rockwood Mini Lite 2306. Probably as much different as a GMC Sierra vs a Chevy Silverado, in other words only in finish.

Low of 34 isn't bad. I think we got down to 26 with some snow so far, early this spring. We just spent $750 in heater pads and wire for the tanks and exposed plumbing so we can go camping (and have full use of water) when the high doesn't even reach freezing! I understand it's not for everyone though, I'll probably have to do more things than just the heater pads but I'll learn as we go. It'll be fun.

Anyway, enjoy that last trip! Your camper will do just fine, if the walls are built like our 2015 it's pretty dang insulated.
Formerly a 2015 Rockwood Mini Lite 2306, burned in a barn fire. Looking at replacements.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Kids wanting to go camping is GREAT!
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Jebby14
Explorer
Explorer
thanks for the tips. we wont freeze up tonight and shes being winterized tomorrow. ill bring a full a tank of fresh with me and dump on my way out (all of it through the black tank shy of hand washing) to give it a good flush. its the leaving early for work im not looking forward to

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
No, nothing crazy about that at all. We use our camper down to zero degrees, in our driveway if not on the road somewhere, absolutely every day-night. When the propane usage (heat) becomes one 30 pound propane tank every 2 days, we move back in the house. We enjoy our camper that much!

Our last "scheduled" week-end was this last week-end. We are planning 2 more week-ends in November at a couple Indiana State Parks. Even though the parks will turn the water off everywhere, we bring our own water. If weather droops THAT much, I'll winterize, and we revert back to old-school tent camping techniques with water usage.

Something to think about there, you might consider trying it. It starts by getting a stand alone port-a-potty from WalMart that you can dump into a pit toilet or the toilet in your home every day, so nothing is going in your holding tanks.

Winter camping is definately different that Summer camping. It takes more careful thought and preparation, but the end result is well worth it!

Enjoy!