cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Last Post, DW has died

winnietrey
Explorer
Explorer
MY DW died 3 weeks ago, unexpected she was 66, not over weight, active, did not smoke or drink, probable heart attck

last 15 years, probably 25, MH 3K plus trips, four times to Europe, Long Vacations with grand daughter. took Amtrak to DC up to Boston flew home

I am sure with the time off work, and the travel cost was probably 250K

This is my message, had we not done any of that, I would be 250k richer but she would still be dead.

Take it for what it is worth, but you pay cash folks, wait to retire to do anything folks, works great until a black swan comes along. White swans you can plan for, not he black ones

I wish you all a long life and happy travels

so long

Ron
40 REPLIES 40

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Ron,

It's wonderful that you did not "put things off".

I'm going to be in the same circumstance as far as a partner goes. I hope to do LOTS before the end. Thanks for the inspiration.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

JusBud
Explorer
Explorer
So sad to loose someone at such an early age
Not sure if I could put a price tag on something like that
Looks like you're money ahead from here on out
good luck

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
So sorry for the loss of your first officer. Can't imagine life without mine. Great that you got out & did some travelling. Our MO is the same. We get to go around the block of life only once. Make it as big a block as possible.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

ghooos
Explorer
Explorer
My condolences to you. I keep preaching that to DH who is 75 and I am 64. Our world will continue to get smaller if we stop and wait on it and there will be a time when the "black swan" will appear. I am glad you got to enjoy your trips prior to the unexpected death of your spouse. Soo sorry!

old_guy
Explorer
Explorer
I understand where you are coming from, mine died in June.

Pirate1
Explorer
Explorer
My wife died 3 weeks ago. We have been RV'ing for about 25 years. She was in bad shape from MS but the RV was the only way I could get her out and about. She absolutely enjoyed that I could take her away from the house and do things with her.

I miss her very much. I'm still coming to the RV forums because I'm not sure if I will keep RVing or not. Tough decision but once you have traveled in a class A, it's hard to go back to traveling like everyone else.

We sold our RV before she died because it was a handicap rigged unit and I knew she couldn't use it anymore. I may take the proceeds and buy another smaller unit.

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
winnietrey wrote:
MY DW died 3 weeks ago, unexpected she was 66, not over weight, active, did not smoke or drink, probable heart attck

last 15 years, probably 25, MH 3K plus trips, four times to Europe, Long Vacations with grand daughter. took Amtrak to DC up to Boston flew home

I am sure with the time off work, and the travel cost was probably 250K

This is my message, had we not done any of that, I would be 250k richer but she would still be dead.

Take it for what it is worth, but you pay cash folks, wait to retire to do anything folks, works great until a black swan comes along. White swans you can plan for, not he black ones

I wish you all a long life and happy travels

so long

Ron

I am sorry for your loss.

Me typing those words will not make it any easier.

Don't be in a hurry to leave the forum, or to give up on your own life! Is that what your wife would have wanted ? You are in a lot of pain now and I can't make that easier. No one can. I wish that I could.

Just don't give up on your own life. There is a lot of pain in your post and I am worried about you.

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer
Explorer
So sorry for your loss - wrap yourself in all the wonderful memories you clearly made ๐Ÿ™‚ But you also have a wealth of knowledge that can be shared with new members, so I hope you'll wander back to visit from time to time?
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

OkieGene
Explorer
Explorer
My sympathies to you, may God Bless.

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
Meant to suggest you don't leave the forum. You will receive a lot of support from your friends here. We will miss you so please don't go.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
Hugs and prayers your way. May you find comfort knowing our hearts are broken with you.

A young man that my son was on the wrestling team with in high school just passed away unexpectedly at the age of 29 from what they think was a seizure. Husband's dad was 52 and my mom was 55 when they died. You truly have no idea when your time will be up and as other's have said live each day fully. I changed my "live, laugh and love" signature but still believe that every day.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

smarty
Explorer
Explorer
Ron am so sorry for you loss but very appreciative of your advice.
Live each day to its fullest, put off nothing

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
My condolences . I can't imagine after spending nearly 50 years with mine .

JAC1982
Explorer
Explorer
I'm sorry to hear about your wife, how heartbreaking. My condolences to you and your family. And, you are so right, take the opportunities you have presently, vs waiting until the exact "right time". There may never be a right time. My dad died at 52 and he and my mom had always dreamed of getting a camper and traveling after retirement. Never happened.
2020 Keystone Montana High Country 294RL
2017 Ford F350 DRW King Ranch
2021 Ford F350 SRW Lariat Tremor