Eastern Oregon, USA

Our Trailer
Our Floorplan
Days camped so far in 2020: 0
16 REPLIES 16

dave54
Explorer III
Explorer III
I'll send them a check from my Nigerian bank account. It has millions in it I can't use.
=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=
So many campsites, so little time...
~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
Saw that same pic on a Facebook "RVs for sale" page the other day.
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

PAThwacker
Explorer
Explorer
It reality that 04 ultra light delaminating rear slide probably not working. Foam floor shot. Jet black roof I offer $500.
2015 Keystone Springdale Summerland 257rl
Tow vehicle: 2003 GMC K1500 ext lb
Previous: 14 years of 3 popups and a hybrid tt

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
ItsyRV wrote:
Some of these ads are for email harvesting.

DING, DING, DING!

We have a winner!

It IS a typical FAKE, BOGUS SCAMMER AD.

Most are very easy to spot with typically dirt cheap prices and often littered with very bad grammar.

These are targeted at folks who are often hunting for those unbelievable "deals".

Oh, they WILL take your money, that is for sure.

IF you respond to the ad, they will give you some hokey excuse like someone died, they have been sent overseas, got in a divorce and don't want or any other lame excuse that you cannot physically go and look at the item.

They also use payment schemes like insisting on gift cards (Walmart green cards ect), Western Union wire, Bitcoin or any other non reversible/ non traceable means of paying..

These are warning signs to back out and pass on the deal.

Also often will insist they "ship it to you" and have shippers ready to do that..

Ultimately if they do not get your money they are OK if all they get LEGIT CONTACT information on you.

The more information they get the better they can SELL or USE to create more scammer ads, setup fake accounts under YOUR name and info.

Your info is a huge money making machine so best approach is if the deal looks to good, it most likely IS a scam and do not contact them.

Folks do fall for these scams and that doesn't say much for our society now days..

K-9_HANDLER
Explorer
Explorer
Probably a Scam
U may see it posted in several different cities.
Camping near home at Assateague National Seashore with our wild four legged friends

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
Its like the scammers just stopped trying! I`m still checking out all the beautiful 5 year old DP`s going for $30k! I want to look at them but they are all stored away from the owner, it makes it had to look.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

BarabooBob
Explorer III
Explorer III
I shop Craigslist almost every day and end up flagging at least 4 or 5 very cheap RV's every week. I bet that almost every city has the same problem.
Bob & Dawn Married 34 years
2017 Viking 17RD
2011 Ford F150 3.5L Ecoboost 420 lb/ft
Retired

ItsyRV
Explorer
Explorer
Some of these ads are for email harvesting.
1994 Itasca SunDancer 21RB - Chevy G-30 chassis.

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
Any doubts about a add ask to look at the trailer in person. Scamers will not meet with you at the trailer. They usually don't give a phone number as well.

Scamers do this because people are gullible and they make money.

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
Flea Bay has a load as well. Not as many as CL though. My motto is, if it sounds too good to be true... It usually isn't.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
They were thinking someone will try to buy their 2004 5th Whl Travel Trailer for $1000.

The ad is half right. They will take your $1000.
Good luck getting possession of the 5th Whl Travel Trailer.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Iโ€™d send $900 and see if they respond.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

thomasmnile
Explorer
Explorer
Nah, the trailer has a spare tire, hence the fifth wheel description. :B

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
LeBout wrote:
> What were they thinking?
They are thinking you send them $1,000 and they fulfill with an empty promise to deliver a trailer. You can find hundreds of these. Buyer beware.