Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Doom for the RV industry???
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Doom for the RV industry???

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev
colliehauler

Mc Pherson KS USA

View Profile

Posted: 11/15/19 04:21am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

azdryheat wrote:

So many RV problems could be avoided by oversight during manufacture. My trailer had metal tape installed in the A/C duct before any of the sawdust was removed. Obviously the tape failed. Where was supervision?
((Where was the supervision)) Busy telling them to get the dang thing out the door so they can go home. Get quota done and you can leave early. Not conducive to building a quality RV.

ol Bombero-JC

USA

View Profile

Posted: 11/20/19 12:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

azdryheat wrote:

Illinois top court ruled a couple CAN sue and get their money back plus damages from the sale of an RV with an undisclosed defect. Every RV sold has something wrong with it and if all buyers can sue....

LINK

Interesting article.

However - "Doom & Gloom"? - doubt the RV industry will believe the sky is falling..[emoticon]

Anybody can sue anybody for anything.

We live in a litigious society.

Unless it's a lawsuit that benefits the attorneys (personal injury, etc.), the person bringing the lawsuit better have VERY, VERY DEEP pockets!!...[emoticon]

RV mfgrs ALL have legal counsel on the "ready line" - part of doing business - (and.....the buyers are already paying for it).

~

ghooos

yeaop

View Profile

Posted: 11/23/19 11:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I don,t see the doom, maybe now we,ll get some quality in the making of rv,s .remember the rust buckets the auto industry put out in the 70,s

36guy

Princeton

View Profile

Posted: 11/23/19 12:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I think what gets me is the poor quality during the build process, most of it are very simple fixes to stop the warranty issues later down the line. My latest rv was near $50 thousand, and in no way compares to a 50 thousand dollar car. It should, in every way, take wiring for example, instead of making a loom and fastening it for quality, wires are strung loosely through the underbelly with no protection, look like hell and are easily damaged later. Cabinets are the same, my front closet wall is coming apart in a unit that is a year old, poor fit, no glue and stapled together. Generally, my unit is nice, but welds on the chassis are poor, two springs have gone flat, although the manufacturer has bent over backward to repair these issues, they should not happen in the first place, in general, I think the rv industry needs to put out better products that rarely see the repair dept of a dealership.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Doom for the RV industry???
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS