cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Short queen mattress at CW

Bears_Den
Explorer
Explorer
Just got a $100 give card for my b-day for CampingWorld. DW and I have been wanting to replace our short queen mattress. Was thinking of applying the gift card toward a new mattress from CW. Anyone have one from there and if so which one?
2014 Kodiak 279 rbsl
2017 Ford F-150 King Ranch V8
Equalizer hitch
Ford integrated brake controller
2004 Travel Lite 23S Hybrid Travel Trailer ( previous trailer )
1998 Viking Popup ( previous trailer )

No substitute for experience
17 REPLIES 17

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
Campingfarmer wrote:
We ordered the 12" Zinus "green tea something or other" mattress back in late summer. Several of the reviews mentioned letting it air out, so I opened the box and rolled it out in the garage for a couple days. What a chore to get that monster through the door, around the corner, and in the bedroom of the camper.
The work has been well rewarded, very comfortable and so far ahead of the mattress that came with the camper.

We unboxed ours in the camper bedroom. Much more convenient.
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

Campingfarmer
Explorer
Explorer
We ordered the 12" Zinus "green tea something or other" mattress back in late summer. Several of the reviews mentioned letting it air out, so I opened the box and rolled it out in the garage for a couple days. What a chore to get that monster through the door, around the corner, and in the bedroom of the camper.
The work has been well rewarded, very comfortable and so far ahead of the mattress that came with the camper.

solismaris
Explorer
Explorer
I'd never consider a foam mattress in an RV. If your camping habits are like mine (not everyone's are), memory foam solidifies to concrete-like firmness at low temperatures. It is not unheard of to have temps of 40 in my trailer on occasion.
David Kojen

Bears_Den
Explorer
Explorer
Just got back from a 4 night trip with our new Zinus 10โ€ mattress. Slept like a baby and woke up with no aches or pains.
2014 Kodiak 279 rbsl
Equalizer hitch

pld33270
Explorer
Explorer
I second the Original Mattress Factory. I have purchased a short queen for two rigs we have had over the last 20+ years.
Camp with my lovely wife, Rat Terriers and Jack Chi
2022 Rockwood Minilite 2205S
2015 GMC Canyon, crew cab, long bed
2 Honda EU 2000i
Andersen WDH

B_O__Plenty
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bears Den wrote:
Ok, took your guys advise and ordered a Zinus 10โ€ memory foam mattress from Amazon and sheets to go with. Be here Wednesday in time for my trip this weekend. Went to CW and spent $65 of my $100 dollar gift card on stuff. Just plain stuff. Didnโ€™t really need anything major. Hope the mattress is as good as the reviews say. Thanks for the help.
I have a Zinus 12" thick king bed in my RV. Have a hard time getting my wife to want to move back into our house after sleeping on it. You won't be sorry.
B.O.
Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS

Bears_Den
Explorer
Explorer
Ok, took your guys advise and ordered a Zinus 10โ€ memory foam mattress from Amazon and sheets to go with. Be here Wednesday in time for my trip this weekend. Went to CW and spent $65 of my $100 dollar gift card on stuff. Just plain stuff. Didnโ€™t really need anything major. Hope the mattress is as good as the reviews say. Thanks for the help.
2014 Kodiak 279 rbsl
Equalizer hitch

Huntindog
Explorer
Explorer
Camper8251 wrote:
Custom build is the way to go... Forget CW
X2 i found a company in phoenix that will build pretty much any mattress you want. I got a 13" thick pillowtop inner spring built to my exact measurements. It was around 200.00. It is far lighter than the RV mattress it replaced, and far more comfortable as well.

Use the CW card for RV stuff you have to have. Then use the money that saved you to buy a quality mattress.
Huntindog
100% boondocking
2021 Grand Design Momentum 398M
2 bathrooms, no waiting
104 gal grey, 104 black,158 fresh
FullBodyPaint, 3,8Kaxles, DiscBrakes
17.5LRH commercial tires
1860watts solar,800 AH Battleborn batterys
2020 Silverado HighCountry CC DA 4X4 DRW

72cougarxr7
Explorer
Explorer
I ordered a Zinus brand short queen memory foam matress from amazon. Very comfortable and cost under $300.

Camper8251
Explorer
Explorer
Custom build is the way to go... Forget CW
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 DMAX
Outdoors RV 23DBS
2008 Arctic Fox 811 - SOLD
19.5 Vision Wheels with
Toyo M608z's 225/70R19.5 14 plys rated at 3970

librty02
Explorer
Explorer
I would not purchase a mattress from CW I would look into like stated above someone like Original Mattress Factory or the online store mattressinsider.com who has all sizes of mattresses you would ever need for an RV.
2011 FORD F-150 FX4 CREW CAB ECO...
2018 Ford F-150 Max Tow Crew 6.5 3.5 Eco...
2013 Keystone Passport 2650BH, EQUAL-I-ZER 1K/10K

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
We replaced the short queen in our Coachmen with a Zinus spring and foam bed-in-a-box, $180 from Amazon. Very comfy, far better than the factory mattress.

I extended the bed base to use a full-length queen. Best upgrade ever.
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

2012Coleman
Explorer
Explorer
Look for RV Mattress on Overstock.com - comes in a compressed roll, which makes it easy to get it into the camper.
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

CFerguson
Explorer
Explorer
Run Forrest.
Never buy a mattress from a camping supply outfit. RV mattresses are Epically bad. Spend your money on lightable pink flamingos for your awning instead.