cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

tv

monde48
Explorer
Explorer
Well we are getting ready to head south . And I just got off the phone with Shaw and they have told us that we will get very few channels south of the border. Everything has been moved to the new satellite
so what I need help with what would be the best American satellite to use. I know that this has been asked time, but any help would be much apprecia
frank
8 REPLIES 8

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
I'll post the link again. You'll get all these channels except for the stroked out ones that you can get in Canada but not down there.

Shaw Channels available down south

There have been a couple of changes since this list was done but the list doesn't reflect those.

I should add that this assumes that you've updated your dish to the xKU LNB. If you didn't, good luck.

Fizz
Explorer
Explorer
We have Shaw at the cottage.
In September they re-aligned all the TV channels.

So...
We use to get CBC Ottawa on SD only then HD became available. At first the SD channel would tell you that HD was available, next it started to redirect you automatically to the HD channel if you went to the old one. Now the old SD channel is gone.

What I think happened is they removed some SD to make room for HD. The stations you get south of the border depends on what sattelite it's on.

robatthelake
Explorer
Explorer
So far Shaw is still working ! It remains to be seen whether they will continue to keep broadcasting from the Old Bird or not!
Rob & Jean
98 Dutch Star Diesel Pusher ..07 Honda CRV AWD

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
monde48 wrote:
Well we are getting ready to head south . And I just got off the phone with Shaw and they have told us that we will get very few channels south of the border. Everything has been moved to the new satellite
so what I need help with what would be the best American satellite to use. I know that this has been asked time, but any help would be much apprecia
frank

I think you will find that was Shaw told you is incorrect. Don't do anything right now.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
Sigh....

I know you're a noob so you may not know that the forum has a search function. Lots of info on this exact subject. Use search.

I don't doubt that Shaw Direct told you that, but it's not true. If you already have SD, don't waste your money on other sat systems. Besides, you won't get ANY CDN content on a different sat.

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
the program guide in the TV Guide app is free.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Between two DVR's that fill up overnight and all the new "Tier 2" services I have so much Over the Air TV...... I sometimes have to offload the DVR's to long term storage.. So far I think I've pulled something like 3 movies off the long term this summer.. (I have about 400 hours stored).

So much broadcast TV (FREE no less) so little time.. OH I do pay 25/year for an electronic tv guide service.. (woopie) how much is the paper one which often does not arrive?
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
in terms of satellite TV there are only two choices...DISH and DirecTV. we have DISH and recommend it. and from reading nearly every thread on this and other RV-centric forums, lists and groups, customer support from DirecTV (AT&T) is bad and getting worse. DISH has a pay-as-you-go plan for their outdoor (RV) accounts...no contracts. IMO there is only one choice...DISH.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle