Did you mean:ย 

What happened to

WVcampground
Explorer
Explorer
What happened to this guy?

He seems to have been replaced by,

Could it be a precursor to?

"Now the Subaru with the โ€œcoexistโ€ sticker on the back doing 68 mph passing a semi thatโ€™s going 67mph in a 70 zone. Yeah Iโ€™ll slap the entitlement tag on them leaf lickers!" - Grit Dog - Warning, you may find the preceding offensive if you lick leaves.
38 REPLIES 38

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
4x4van wrote:
And I don't believe that I've ever made a purchasing decision, yea or nay, based on a company's logo.
Sure you have, you just don't realize that you bought what you bought because of some residual memory of seeing the logo. Advertising works, what else explains high dollar Nike shoes, and the proliferation of shirts by UnderArmor?
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer
Explorer
4x4van wrote:

And I don't believe that I've ever made a purchasing decision, yea or nay, based on a company's logo.

Oh, I certainly do. If it's got a "swoosh" or a polo player or a backward C/forward C or a hood ornament - it's going to be crazy-expensive. I tend to avoid those... LOL!
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
delete

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
noteven wrote:
Whatever...

I like Woody Woodpecker smoking his ceegar stuck on a street rod...

Do you mean that logo for the old "Thrush Mufflers" ? God I haven't seen one of them in decades. That didn't have anything to do with the logo though. The cops just thought that they were to loud. There was a time when just having that logo stuck on you car would get you pulled over and they would figure out a way to give you a ticket for something.

Heck, the mufflers or the logo would bring good money these days.

They were actually not very good mufflers though, just a bunch of marketing like the Good Sam logo.

travelnutz
Explorer
Explorer
RuPaul's name or image on anything would only make my RV rig wheels turn faster to get more distance away from the "IT"!
A superb CC LB 4X4, GM HD Diesel, airbags, Rancho's, lots more
Lance Legend TC 11' 4", loaded including 3400 PP generator and my deluxe 2' X 7' rear porch
29 ft Carriage Carri-lite 5'er - a specially built gem
A like new '07 Sunline Solaris 26' TT

WVcampground
Explorer
Explorer
4x4van wrote:
I've never seen Good Sam's actual body, so how can we be sure that he's fat?

"Now the Subaru with the โ€œcoexistโ€ sticker on the back doing 68 mph passing a semi thatโ€™s going 67mph in a 70 zone. Yeah Iโ€™ll slap the entitlement tag on them leaf lickers!" - Grit Dog - Warning, you may find the preceding offensive if you lick leaves.

4x4van
Explorer
Explorer
I've never seen Good Sam's actual body, so how can we be sure that he's fat?

We don't stop playing because we grow old...We grow old because we stop playing!

2004 Itasca Sunrise M-30W
Carson enclosed ATV Trailer
-'85 ATC250R, '12 Husky TE310, '20 CanAm X3 X rs Turbo RR
Zieman Jetski Trailer
-'96 GTi, '96 Waveblaster II

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
Whiskey River wrote:
I agree with most, and have never put the sticker on anything.
But no one has mentioned the reason for "good sam".
It was good Samaritan or good Samaritans. They tried to have someone in as many towns or cities as possible to help RVers. If you needed help or were lost you were to call a good Samaritan.
Now you have GPS and Coach Net or other company's to call for towing or help..... Time to change the logo....
A lot of times the meaning is lost due to the passage of time and innovation. I don't know if they still have standby Good Sams?

Whiskey_River
Explorer
Explorer
I agree with most, and have never put the sticker on anything.
But no one has mentioned the reason for "good sam".
It was good Samaritan or good Samaritans. They tried to have someone in as many towns or cities as possible to help RVers. If you needed help or were lost you were to call a good Samaritan.
Now you have GPS and Coach Net or other company's to call for towing or help..... Time to change the logo....

WVcampground
Explorer
Explorer
CFerguson wrote:
WVcampground wrote:
CFerguson wrote:
My god, the things people will argue about.

My god, the people who can't see the humor in something.

Oh I see the humor in some of these (I like the woody idea eg). I also see people passionate about things that don't matter. I have concluded that theres a significant fraction of the species that live to make others as miserable as they are themselves. And most of them inhabit the Inturweb.

https://i2.wp.com/knuckledraggin.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/72627067_398050457526625_4548686832539271168_n.jpg?zoom=1.5625&resize=640%2C653

Reading back through the thread, I am having a hard time finding anything I would consider an argument. If you want an argument go read one of the truck threads, a Tesla thread, or the new one about EZ lube.

If something such as this makes a person as miserable as possible, I would argue they were as miserable as possible before they ever read it, and perhaps they should avoid the inturweb entirely.

K_and_I
Explorer
Explorer
westernrvparkowner wrote:

My business has seen a big expansion of guests outside of the "old, fat, white guy" demographic in recent years.

Let's not be knocking old, fat, white guys.
K_and_I
2011 Rockwood 2604
Nights Camped in 2019: 85
Do we have time for shortcuts?

CFerguson
Explorer
Explorer
WVcampground wrote:
CFerguson wrote:

Oh I see the humor in some of these (I like the woody idea eg). I also see people passionate about things that don't matter. I have concluded that theres a significant fraction of the species that live to make others as miserable as they are themselves. And most of them inhabit the Inturweb.

https://i2.wp.com/knuckledraggin.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/72627067_398050457526625_4548686832539271168_n.jpg?zoom=1.5625&resize=640%2C653

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II

WVcampground
Explorer
Explorer
CFerguson wrote: