Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: What happened to
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> What happened to

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
colliehauler

Mc Pherson KS USA

View Profile

Posted: 10/30/19 08:01am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2012Coleman wrote:

BobsYourUncle wrote:

Wow!! Deja Vu!
I have one of those shirts, identical to that. I don't wear it often either. I also have 2 T shirts, and a couple ball caps, all with the same logo.
Nice! [emoticon]
And I may as well add, like you, not for sale. [emoticon]
Selling stuff on this site is against the rules, so they had to stop selling stuff I guess.

So how come I still have the old logo? I can log on to the Good Sam RV Club Member website.
Selling stuff and advertising is not against the rules if you own this site. How do you think they pay for this site with your forum dues? LOL

If your a lifetime member you get the old logo. The retro logo doesn't bother me. I remember when Sonic had a retro logo as well. How about the KFC spokesman for brand recognition.

* This post was edited 10/30/19 08:07am by colliehauler *

WVcampground

WV

View Profile

Posted: 10/30/19 08:14am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

FlatBroke wrote:

I always thought that “Sam” looked like a goof ball. Never put the sticker on anything.

[image]

westernrvparkowner

montana

View Profile

Posted: 10/30/19 09:41am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

WVcampground wrote:

westernrvparkowner wrote:

WVcampground wrote:

I cannot begin to tell you how much I hope that is true. The fat white guy might have been a great logo in the 50s, but in today's world it is a huge turn off. Good Sam sends us a great bit of marketing materials and any with Fat White Sam immediately gets filed in the circular file. The Good Sam universe already spends waaaay too much in marketing dollars chasing the Redneck White Guy (all the NASCAR sponsorships). The potential RV market is goes much beyond Bubba and Friends.

Gotta have diversity. Maybe they'll put RuPaul on there. They can cover about 3 bases going that route.
Would you be more or less likely to patronize a business that did use RuPaul as their mascot?

I would visit it more, honest answer. And I am a fat redneck middle aged heterosexual white guy that watches Nascar.

I bought some Dicor the other day. The fact that their front man is a fat middle aged fat bald white guy named Rudy who looks sort of creepy did not factor into the purchase decision.
You say you would visit a RuPaul logo'ed business more often, so logos do matter. Of course I don't believe a word of "I would visit it more, honest answer" any more than I believe that by sponsoring NASCAR Good Sam Enterprises is making an attempt to bring a more diverse clientele into the RVing world. It's playing to their base, nothing more. Nothing wrong with that if you are happy with the business you have and don't have a big need or desire to expand upon that base business.
My business has seen a big expansion of guests outside of the "old, fat, white guy" demographic in recent years. At the same time our reservation sourcing information has shown that fewer and fewer of those guests use the Good Sam channels to find us. Also, the percentage of guests who have and use the Good Sam card for a discount has decreased. So to us it is apparent the Good Sam universe is decreasing in size, just like NASCAR's TV ratings and attendance. Perhaps a sea change in Good Sam's marketing is past due. A change in the logo is hopefully the first step in what will likely be a long journey.

colliehauler

Mc Pherson KS USA

View Profile

Posted: 10/30/19 10:09am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

WVcampground wrote:

FlatBroke wrote:

I always thought that “Sam” looked like a goof ball. Never put the sticker on anything.

[image]
I actually like the Fred Flintstone logo reminds me of my childhood watching cartons.

Time moves on. Look at the golden arches with out the name, Pepsi logo without the name so it can have International appeal without English.

CFerguson

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 10/30/19 12:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My god, the things people will argue about.

WVcampground

WV

View Profile

Posted: 10/30/19 12:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

CFerguson wrote:

My god, the people who can't see the humor in something.

time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/30/19 02:08pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yabba dabba doo [emoticon]

2001 F150 SuperCrew
2006 Keystone Springdale 249FWBHLS
675w Solar pictures back up

CFerguson

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 10/30/19 03:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

WVcampground wrote:

CFerguson wrote:

Oh I see the humor in some of these (I like the woody idea eg). I also see people passionate about things that don't matter. I have concluded that theres a significant fraction of the species that live to make others as miserable as they are themselves. And most of them inhabit the Inturweb.

https://i2.wp.com/knuckledraggin.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/72627067_398050457526625_4548686832539271168_n.jpg?zoom=1.5625&resize=640%2C653

K_and_I

North Central Ohio

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/30/19 04:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My business has seen a big expansion of guests outside of the "old, fat, white guy" demographic in recent years.

Let's not be knocking old, fat, white guys.
[image]

K_and_I
2011 Rockwood 2604
Nights Camped in 2019: 85
Do we have time for shortcuts?

WVcampground

WV

View Profile

Posted: 10/31/19 03:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

CFerguson wrote:

WVcampground wrote:

CFerguson wrote:

Oh I see the humor in some of these (I like the woody idea eg). I also see people passionate about things that don't matter. I have concluded that theres a significant fraction of the species that live to make others as miserable as they are themselves. And most of them inhabit the Inturweb.

https://i2.wp.com/knuckledraggin.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/72627067_398050457526625_4548686832539271168_n.jpg?zoom=1.5625&resize=640%2C653

Reading back through the thread, I am having a hard time finding anything I would consider an argument. If you want an argument go read one of the truck threads, a Tesla thread, or the new one about EZ lube.

If something such as this makes a person as miserable as possible, I would argue they were as miserable as possible before they ever read it, and perhaps they should avoid the inturweb entirely.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> What happened to
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.