Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tow Vehicles: Hyundai's new hydrogen truck
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

 > Hyundai's new hydrogen truck

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next
WVcampground

WV

Full Member

Joined: 10/18/2019

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 10/30/19 12:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

And Tesla with 75,000 lbs load.

Tesla test with 75,000 lbs load



75,000 lb load? Read the embedded CHP Facebook post in the article.

"According to the driver the truck is operating at approximately 75,000 lbs"

Operating at 75,000 lbs (Which is also legal) is a lot different than hauling 75,000 lbs (which is not without permits and some more axles). The concrete is inside the cranium of the author who did the cocktail napkin math.

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

Senior Member

Joined: 03/28/2018

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 10/30/19 01:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

WVcampground wrote:

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

And Tesla with 75,000 lbs load.

Tesla test with 75,000 lbs load



75,000 lb load? Read the embedded CHP Facebook post in the article.

"According to the driver the truck is operating at approximately 75,000 lbs"

Operating at 75,000 lbs (Which is also legal) is a lot different than hauling 75,000 lbs (which is not without permits and some more axles). The concrete is inside the cranium of the author who did the cocktail napkin math.


And your point is?

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

Senior Member

Joined: 08/19/2003

View Profile



Posted: 10/30/19 01:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

His point is that it is so much BS, just like all the hype around these non-existent, except in very rare instances, vehicles.

And how about some recent pictures of those semi's, all the ones I've seen are several months old.

I can see the fun of discussing what could be, but there's way too much "this is already happening". Which it ain't. We are looking at the "artist's rendering" of a possible thing, that could happen, at some unknown future date...maybe.


Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

Senior Member

Joined: 03/28/2018

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 10/30/19 01:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fj12ryder wrote:

His point is that it is so much BS, just like all the hype around these non-existent, except in very rare instances, vehicles.

And how about some recent pictures of those semi's, all the ones I've seen are several months old.

I can see the fun of discussing what could be, but there's way too much "this is already happening". Which it ain't. We are looking at the "artist's rendering" of a possible thing, that could happen, at some unknown future date...maybe.


I see, another one of your conspiracy theory photoshopped images.

Let me guess, you are not familiar with car manufacturers' product development cycle of concept vehicle, tests, introduction, launch, commercial production... that usually took decades and now quicker into couple of years.

WVcampground

WV

Full Member

Joined: 10/18/2019

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 10/30/19 02:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

WVcampground wrote:

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

And Tesla with 75,000 lbs load.

Tesla test with 75,000 lbs load



75,000 lb load? Read the embedded CHP Facebook post in the article.

"According to the driver the truck is operating at approximately 75,000 lbs"

Operating at 75,000 lbs (Which is also legal) is a lot different than hauling 75,000 lbs (which is not without permits and some more axles). The concrete is inside the cranium of the author who did the cocktail napkin math.


And your point is?


The point is the article is wrong, like lots of things on the internet.

colliehauler

Mc Pherson KS USA

Senior Member

Joined: 01/27/2004

View Profile






Posted: 10/30/19 02:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fj12ryder wrote:

His point is that it is so much BS, just like all the hype around these non-existent, except in very rare instances, vehicles.

And how about some recent pictures of those semi's, all the ones I've seen are several months old.

I can see the fun of discussing what could be, but there's way too much "this is already happening". Which it ain't. We are looking at the "artist's rendering" of a possible thing, that could happen, at some unknown future date...maybe.
You can always not open a thread if it's of no interest to you. I'm sure there's a 20 page thread on RV toilet paper somewhere. It's posted for entertainment rather the have the same old tired discussions over and over again.

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

Senior Member

Joined: 08/19/2003

View Profile



Posted: 10/30/19 03:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

fj12ryder wrote:

His point is that it is so much BS, just like all the hype around these non-existent, except in very rare instances, vehicles.

And how about some recent pictures of those semi's, all the ones I've seen are several months old.

I can see the fun of discussing what could be, but there's way too much "this is already happening". Which it ain't. We are looking at the "artist's rendering" of a possible thing, that could happen, at some unknown future date...maybe.


I see, another one of your conspiracy theory photoshopped images.

Let me guess, you are not familiar with car manufacturers' product development cycle of concept vehicle, tests, introduction, launch, commercial production... that usually took decades and now quicker into couple of years.
And I take it you're unfamiliar with "Concept"? That means it isn't real.

But you go ahead and believe whatever you want, actual evidence, or lack of same, notwithstanding. Heck, you might find one with Bigfoot driving.

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

Senior Member

Joined: 03/28/2018

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 10/30/19 05:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fj12ryder wrote:

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

fj12ryder wrote:

His point is that it is so much BS, just like all the hype around these non-existent, except in very rare instances, vehicles.

And how about some recent pictures of those semi's, all the ones I've seen are several months old.

I can see the fun of discussing what could be, but there's way too much "this is already happening". Which it ain't. We are looking at the "artist's rendering" of a possible thing, that could happen, at some unknown future date...maybe.


I see, another one of your conspiracy theory photoshopped images.

Let me guess, you are not familiar with car manufacturers' product development cycle of concept vehicle, tests, introduction, launch, commercial production... that usually took decades and now quicker into couple of years.
And I take it you're unfamiliar with "Concept"? That means it isn't real.

But you go ahead and believe whatever you want, actual evidence, or lack of same, notwithstanding. Heck, you might find one with Bigfoot driving.


Ok, you actually don't know, I don't know about Nikola and hydrogen cars by Toyota are already on the road, but Tesla is already on testing stage and this means they already moved beyond "concept."

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

Senior Member

Joined: 08/19/2003

View Profile



Posted: 10/30/19 06:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I agree, but the problem with the Tesla is that there's very little evidence of it doing anything real. The prototypes have been out for a year, but there's no evidence that any more have been produced or that anyone other than Tesla is doing any testing.

It just seems to me there'd be a few more out if they were proving to be successful. So right now the jury is still out.

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

Senior Member

Joined: 03/28/2018

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 10/30/19 06:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fj12ryder wrote:

I agree, but the problem with the Tesla is that there's very little evidence of it doing anything real. The prototypes have been out for a year, but there's no evidence that any more have been produced or that anyone other than Tesla is doing any testing.

It just seems to me there'd be a few more out if they were proving to be successful. So right now the jury is still out.


Yeah, I'm becoming impatient myself waiting for Tesla EV pick up to replace my tow truck.

Why is Tesla doing it in 3 to 5 years -- unlike traditional car manufacturers of 10 years -- and not just pull it out of Elon Musk's a**?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

 > Hyundai's new hydrogen truck
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:




© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.