cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

I-10 Thru Houston

KO
Explorer
Explorer
I have heard that there is an eastbound I-10 bridge that is down to one lane in the Houston area. There are some severe backups. Any truth to this? If so, what is the best way around it?

Thanks
10 REPLIES 10

one_strange_tex
Explorer
Explorer
Blazing Zippers wrote:
Is there any time frame as to when this repair might be completed?

Link to local media story. Link.

Short answer is that it apparently is done. I cannot give you first hand knowledge since I don't travel that way these days.
one_strange_texan
Currently between RV's
Former 5th wheel owner (Montana 3402RL)

Blazing_Zippers
Explorer II
Explorer II

Blazing_Zippers
Explorer II
Explorer II

LovelyDay
Explorer
Explorer
Hope that helps for future readers!
Cheers from Beaumont, TX
https://beaumontappliancerepair.com/

LovelyDay
Explorer
Explorer
TxGearhead wrote:
If you are going to south Texas, you are pretty much stuck. The TX-146/TX-225/I-610 option that others have suggested is probably your best option in that case.

To clarify TxGearhead's directions, you would catch US69/US96/US287 north out of Beaumont, take US69/US287 north at the "Y" a little north of Beaumont in Lumberton, then take US-190 west at Woodville to US59/I69 and beyond, if necessary. These are all good roads though not always interstate specification.

I know I'm replying a little late but if this every shows up again in the future I drive through this area all the time and I can vouch this advice is great!
Cheers from Beaumont, TX
https://beaumontappliancerepair.com/

TxGearhead
Explorer
Explorer
I think if I was taking the 146 south to 610 option, I would just stay on 610 rather than getting back on 10 and going through downtown. 610 south then connect back to 10 on the west side of town. 610 at 59 can get busy but is usually better than 10, especially the big intersections just east of town.
2018 Ram 3500 CC LB DRW 4X4 Cummins Aisin Laramie Pearl White
2018 Landmark Oshkosh
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4
2014 NauticStar 21 ShallowBay 150HP Yamaha
2016 GoDevil 18X44 35HP Surface Drive

KO
Explorer
Explorer
Home Skillet - thank you so much for nailing the route. Worked like charm!

one_strange_tex
Explorer
Explorer
TxGearhead wrote:
According to the TV traffic reporters it can get bad in morning and evening rush hours. 146 south out of Baytown is about the best you can do if you're continuing west on 10.
But if you're northbound out of Houston you could take 96/287 north out of Beaumont and then 190 west to 59/69.

This is good advice. I would loop to the north of Houston if you are going anywhere north of, say, Austin, even if the bridge repair wasn't an issue. I live north of Houston and take TX-99 around to I-10 or US-290, even though it is a toll road, when going to places like San Antonio or Austin to avoid the heavy urban traffic due to previous incidents I have experienced.

If you are going to south Texas, you are pretty much stuck. The TX-146/TX-225/I-610 option that others have suggested is probably your best option in that case.

To clarify TxGearhead's directions, you would catch US69/US96/US287 north out of Beaumont, take US69/US287 north at the "Y" a little north of Beaumont in Lumberton, then take US-190 west at Woodville to US59/I69 and beyond, if necessary. These are all good roads though not always interstate specification.
one_strange_texan
Currently between RV's
Former 5th wheel owner (Montana 3402RL)

TxGearhead
Explorer
Explorer
According to the TV traffic reporters it can get bad in morning and evening rush hours. 146 south out of Baytown is about the best you can do if you're continuing west on 10.
But if you're northbound out of Houston you could take 96/287 north out of Beaumont and then 190 west to 59/69.
2018 Ram 3500 CC LB DRW 4X4 Cummins Aisin Laramie Pearl White
2018 Landmark Oshkosh
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4
2014 NauticStar 21 ShallowBay 150HP Yamaha
2016 GoDevil 18X44 35HP Surface Drive

Home_Skillet
Explorer II
Explorer II
It's true.
There's only one lane open in both directions, at the San Jacinto River.

You can take HW 146 South to HW 225 through Pasadena. HW 225 will take you to 610 Loop. Which you go North on to pick back up with I10.
2005 Gulf Stream Conquest 31ft
BigFoot Levelers,TST in tire TPMS,Bilstein Shocks,Trans temp guage,Lowrace iWAY