thomasmnile
Explorer
Explorer
71 REPLIES 71

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
All I could afford wrote:
Chrysler could be a Hollywood actor for how many marriages and divorces it goes thru

Hopefully Chrysler may survive.New entity may bring back Dodge

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
ShinerBock wrote:
RobertRyan wrote:
Shiner Brock wrote:
And I bet this all makes your American hating heart happy.
If you live with your head in the sand, you will eventually have no sand to put it in.

I think you should be saying that to yourself. Not only with with the many many many things you have stated that were flat out false, but with the constant going out of your way to throw dirt on anything American.

None What I stated was false. You on tbe other hand constantly derided anything outside tbe US. Now you are shown to be totally wrong. Better start liking your new European FCA

wilber1
Explorer
Explorer
RobertRyan wrote:

Probably the Audi was faster. No VW is not just competing with Formula E but in many other corms of motorsport, that require combustion engines

Actually Peugeots were on the pole every year from 2007 to 2010.

You are right VW has just stopped competing in non production based series other than Formula E. With Porsche and Audi gone, LeMans is pretty much a Toyota parade.
"Never trust a man who has not a single redeeming vice" WSC

2011 RAM 3500 SRW
2015 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

ShinerBock
Explorer
Explorer
RobertRyan wrote:
Shiner Brock wrote:
If you live with your head in the sand, you will eventually have no sand to put it in.

I think you should be saying that to yourself. Not only with with the many many many things you have stated that were flat out false, but with the constant going out of your way to throw dirt on anything American.
2014 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD
2016 BMW 2.0L diesel (work and back car)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 3.0L Ecodiesel

Highland Ridge Silverstar 378RBS

All_I_could_aff
Explorer
Explorer
Chrysler could be a Hollywood actor for how many marriages and divorces it goes thru
1999 R-Vision Trail Light B17 hybrid
2006 Explorer Eddie Bauer
2002 Xterra rollinโ€™ on 33โ€™s
1993 Chevy Z24 Convertible
Lives in garage 71,000 miles

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
Wilbur 1 wrote:
Actually the Peugeot 908 diesels finished 1-2 in the 2009 LeMans 24 hrs. Audi finished third.

Or did you mean just the lap record?

Porsche has also pulled out. VW Corp is going electric with Formula E etc.

Probably the Audi was faster. No VW is not just competing with Formula E but in many other corms of motorsport, that require combustion engines
The DTM offers action-packed racing of the highest calibre with turbocharged engines producing over 600 hp and racecars weighing less than 1,000 kilogrammes. The Audi RS 5 DTM is the car to beat after taking Audi to victory in all three of the DTM championship titles in 2019.

A single race will be contested at Le Mans. All other events are doubleheaders with two 30-minute sprint races. Before the season gets underway, a two-day test will be held at Most in Czechia. Oschersleben hosts the season-opening round of the Carrera Cup as support to the ADAC GT Masters. Two rounds of the one-make cup will be held outside German borders as part of the GT racing series: in the Autodrom Most and at Zandvoort in the Netherlands. The Porsche Carrera Cup Deutschland weekends at the Nรผrburgring, the Hockenheimring Baden-Wรผrttemberg and the Sachsenring are also run as part of the ADAC GT Masters. Moreover, the series will accompany the DTM to the storied Norisring in Nuremberg โ€“ Germanyโ€™s only street circuit.
This year marked the 30th season of the German Carrera Cup
โ€œWith so many people who influenced the one-make cup over the last 30 seasons, and the competing teams for 2020, the anniversary party was the perfect occasion to celebrate the success story of the Porsche Carrera Cup Deutschland. At the same time, we look ahead to the future. Weโ€™re looking forward to an exciting 2020 season with rounds supporting two top-level series. Moreover, the race at Le Mans will be a real highlight, especially with the eventโ€™s special atmosphere and illustrious history,โ€ said Hurui Issak, Project Manager of the Porsche Carrera Cup Deutschland.

wilber1
Explorer
Explorer
RobertRyan wrote:
wilber1 wrote:
BenK wrote:
"They must have had the fastest wrecker in the race."

Yup and goes to the fact that those who take racing heritage into their decision misplace that metric...unless they also drive like they are in a race condition of whichever race track/terrain

Few realize that by the end of the race, win or lose, that vehicle has little left to make it to 100,000 miles or more...

Peugeot won the Dakar several times, East African Safari five times, as well as world rally championships, several leMans wins including with diesels and held the Pikes Peak record until it was broken last year by the electric VW prototype.

They also had a very competitive prototype Diesel car , took the intial outright lap at LeMans, till the Audi Diesel Protoype beat it. Now both have pulled out of Prototype racing

Actually the Peugeot 908 diesels finished 1-2 in the 2009 LeMans 24 hrs. Audi finished third.

Or did you mean just the lap record?

Porsche has also pulled out. VW Corp is going electric with Formula E etc.

2011 RAM 3500 SRW

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
wilber1 wrote:
BenK wrote:

Yup and goes to the fact that those who take racing heritage into their decision misplace that metric...unless they also drive like they are in a race condition of whichever race track/terrain

Few realize that by the end of the race, win or lose, that vehicle has little left to make it to 100,000 miles or more...

Peugeot won the Dakar several times, East African Safari five times, as well as world rally championships, several leMans wins including with diesels and held the Pikes Peak record until it was broken last year by the electric VW prototype.

They also had a very competitive prototype Diesel car , took the intial outright lap at LeMans, till the Audi Diesel Protoype beat it. Now both have pulled out of Prototype racing

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
Shiner Brock wrote:

No, but attitudes like yours is making easier for foreign Auto corporations, not Governments, to gradually absorb the US Automotive industry. If you live with your head in the sand, you will eventually have no sand to put it in.

wilber1
Explorer
Explorer
BenK wrote:

2011 RAM 3500 SRW

BenK
Explorer
Explorer

-Ben Picture of my rig
1996 GMC SLT Suburban 3/4 ton K3500/7.4L/4:1/+150Kmiles orig owner...
1980 Chevy Silverado C10/long bed/"BUILT" 5.7L/3:73/1 ton helper springs/+329Kmiles, bought it from dad...
1998 Mazda B2500 (1/2 ton) pickup, 2nd owner...
Praise Dyno Brake equiped and all have "nose bleed" braking!
Previous trucks/offroaders: 40's Jeep restored in mid 60's / 69 DuneBuggy (approx +1K lb: VW pan/200hpCorvair: eng, cam, dual carb'w velocity stacks'n 18" runners, 4spd transaxle) made myself from ground up / 1970 Toyota FJ40 / 1973 K5 Blazer (2dr Tahoe, 1 ton axles front/rear, +255K miles when sold it)...
Sold the boat (looking for another): Trophy with twin 150's...
51 cylinders in household, what's yours?...

westernrvparkow
Explorer
Explorer
Was in a GM dealership that also sold Peugeot when the Peugeot sales manager exclaimed that Peugeot had just won the Paris to Dakar Rally. The service manager chimed in with "They must have had the fastest wrecker in the race."

Reisender
Nomad
Nomad
goducks10 wrote:
Me Again wrote:
I still think they should work on an universal swappable battery pack where one pulls into a station and a robot swaps in a recharged battery and you are on your way again in a couple minutes, along with a "refueling" charge on your credit card. The number of battery packs is base on size and weight of vehicle.

The Radio Control hobby has airplanes, buggies, cars and trucks that have been doing it for years. I do not go to the field and fly a plane once and then have to bring it home and recharge it. I can fly as many flights as batteries I bring along.

Having done the off road RC car thing for years back in the day, I think you're on to something. Let the battery MFG's duke it out as well. It would definitely benefit the consumer.

Tesla had a functioning setup like that but it wasnโ€™t popular and that was back in the days of max charge rates of 120 Kw. Now at 250 kw charge rates and average 15 minute V3 Supercharger stops I donโ€™t think it would find a market. Most people take that long to pee, grab a coffee, clean the windshield and move on. I would think most of the V2 stations will be upgraded to V3 over the next few years and most of the new Superchargers are V3. Besides. Most people charge at home. Many rarely go to a Supercharger. There will never be a need for as many DC fast chargers as there are gas stations.

Maybe the non Tesla brands can get together and look into this kinda thing as they all charge at about half the rate. Then again, all the other brands combined together donโ€™t come close to Teslaโ€™s number...except in China of course.

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
Me Again wrote:
I still think they should work on an universal swappable battery pack where one pulls into a station and a robot swaps in a recharged battery and you are on your way again in a couple minutes, along with a "refueling" charge on your credit card. The number of battery packs is base on size and weight of vehicle.

The Radio Control hobby has airplanes, buggies, cars and trucks that have been doing it for years. I do not go to the field and fly a plane once and then have to bring it home and recharge it. I can fly as many flights as batteries I bring along.

Having done the off road RC car thing for years back in the day, I think you're on to something. Let the battery MFG's duke it out as well. It would definitely benefit the consumer.