cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watch for this rig in Mexico but do not approach

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
2 bodies believed (not confirmed yet) to be those of James & Michelle butler have been found in Texas. There are reports that their RV was spotted being driven into Mexico ( a Texas Crossing) by someone else. Its is a 2018 silver chev pickup pulling a Cedar Creek trailer. New Hampshire plates. T533534. If you spot this rig DO NOT approach anyone, and call the police in Texas 365-595-8500 and try to report it to the nearest mexican police station as well.

20 REPLIES 20

Talleyho69
Great news, let's hear it for networking. Thanks, Paul, good work!

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
A member of my facebook group spotted them. With the help of Teo at Roca Azul RV park, Jalisco State Police have arrested them

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
Here is a working link to that story:

Link

The suspect's name is Adam Williams, and he is from Utah.
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

Talleyho69
An update:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/man-sought-for-theft-after-allegedly-fleeing-to-mexico-with-slain-couples-rv/ar-AAJTXIe?li=BBnbcA1

winniman
Explorer
Explorer
If they are willing to murder two people for their rv and truck, and drive it over the border, you would think they would be far more likely to commit the same crime in Mexico where they don't have to worry about crossing a border. I personally don't see the appeal of going to Mexico. A group of Mormons were murdered this week as well in Mexico. To each their own. Not worth it to me.

charlestonsouth
Explorer
Explorer
Folks, plastered all over the US national news tonight is the face of the fellow driving the silver pickup owned by the murdered couple boondocking in the US on Padre Island, Texas. One of the cameras got his photo either as he (and his female companion) crossed the border into Mexico or possibly at a toll booth. Yes, let's hope the Mexican Police can arrest them without an innocent person getting hurt. Keep your eyes wide open on the lookout for these people while traveling down into Mexico.

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
Such a sad occurrance. I hope that the person/persons are caught and we find out what happended. As RV'ers it's unsettling to see this.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
We have used City Express in HMO when we have medical appointments. Great spot. Nice clean rooms and excellent breakfast. You can find discounted rooms on many of the online booking sites.

Moisheh

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
moisheh wrote:
Chris is right. Although Border cities can be bad once you are past that point things are usually fine. Right now I would not travel past Guaymas!!!! But we would sure like to get on a plane and go back to Oaxaca and Chiapis Guaymas has more murders than Nogales! Rotten cops that get replaced all the time.

Moisheh

I have to say that flying in Mexico has become very economical. We recently flew from Monterrey to Tijuana for less than 2000 pesos r/t (3-hour flight). Discount airlines are not bad at all and we enjoyed our flight. What's the difference between Aeromexico and VivaAerobus? No open bar. Big deal. If you fly in the morning you surely won't be drinking and a very nice coffee is only 35 pesos.

Also, the hotel chain, City Express, has come up with many different levels of quality and service; City Express Junior, Plus and Suites. Not bad at all for the price with breakfast included (not continental) and all of their plastics and paper products are biodegradable.

If you're in Mexico or will be, now is the time to book before the holidays.
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
Chris is right. Although Border cities can be bad once you are past that point things are usually fine. Right now I would not travel past Guaymas!!!! But we would sure like to get on a plane and go back to Oaxaca and Chiapis Guaymas has more murders than Nogales! Rotten cops that get replaced all the time.

Moisheh

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
This isn't a comment directed at anyone in particular, but we've been through this before. I live in the north and we rv around these parts many times a year and do it boondocking.

The funny part of rver mentality is the belief that the border is the most dangerous area.

The reality is that rvers tend to be drawn to the most dangerous states in the Mexican republic which are; Sonora, Sinaloa, Michoacan, Guerrero, Hidalgo, and Guanajuato.

Lots to be seen in the northern states.

I get crazy when I hear people say, "beat feet across the border and head south". If they only knew.
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

joelc
Explorer III
Explorer III
Years ago we were told, but I don't remember where or when, that if you see a broken down RV on the side of the road do not stop, but call it in. Unfortunately, years ago we could trust others, but today you don't know who the other guy is and you must curb your instinct to help your fellow man.

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
There are many areas in Mexico where boondocking is not recommended. Use a Pemex for overnighting. We once went and asked the Police if it was safe to stay near the beach. He said: NO,NO,NO. Asked us to follow him and we went to this large Motel with a fenced yard. WE stayed there overnight. Ate in the restaurant and swam in the pool. No charge but we tipped the velador> QTLA knows of lots of safe spots!

Moisheh