Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Watch for this rig in Mexico but do not approach
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Mexico and South Amer...

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Mexico and South America

> Watch for this rig in Mexico but do not approach

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
Tequila

Canada - Summer, Mexico - Winter

View Profile

Posted: 10/30/19 04:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2 bodies believed (not confirmed yet) to be those of James & Michelle butler have been found in Texas. There are reports that their RV was spotted being driven into Mexico ( a Texas Crossing) by someone else. Its is a 2018 silver chev pickup pulling a Cedar Creek trailer. New Hampshire plates. T533534. If you spot this rig DO NOT approach anyone, and call the police in Texas 365-595-8500 and try to report it to the nearest mexican police station as well.

[image]

Lwiddis

Los Angeles area :(

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/30/19 05:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

TY for posting.

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watts solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL pole for flags. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, USF&WS, state & county camps. Bicyclist! 14 year Army vet - 11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560)

patperry2766

Saginaw Texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/30/19 05:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

News article

Courage is the feeling you have right before you fully understand the situation

2edgesword

New York

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/30/19 08:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Very sad. I know we're RVing to relax and have a good time but be careful out their folks, especially if you decide to go off into a seclude area you're not very familiar with.

Talleyho69

Playa la Ropa, Zihuatanejo, Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 10/30/19 08:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It's incredibly sad, but unfortunately probably a statement of the way life is.

It needs to stop!

moisheh

North America

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/31/19 07:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A number of years ago there was an announcement in the Kino community that a couple who were heading to Mexico were missing. No one here had seen them. A few days later the story unfolded. This elderly couple crossed late in the day. They saw another RV parked on the side of the road somewhere between Nogales and HMO. Figured it was safe and parked for the night. The other RV was occupied by 2 couples that had robbed a bank in the USA. Texas I think. They killed the couple and stole their RV and credit cards. The RV was spotted at Costco in HMO. The killers headed to San Carlos in some other vehicle and tried to use the credit card. Store owner called the police and the rest is history. Moral of this story is that sometimes you don't have to be worried about cartels. Rather it can be a fellow American ( or Canadian) that can be dangerous. Also do not just park for the night on the side of the road.

Moisheh

smarty

new mexico

View Profile

Posted: 10/31/19 09:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We boondock exclusively. We always take as many precautions as we can. I, personally, would not boondock within 200 miles of the Mexico border. To me it is not worth the risk...

moisheh

North America

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/31/19 11:33am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There are many areas in Mexico where boondocking is not recommended. Use a Pemex for overnighting. We once went and asked the Police if it was safe to stay near the beach. He said: NO,NO,NO. Asked us to follow him and we went to this large Motel with a fenced yard. WE stayed there overnight. Ate in the restaurant and swam in the pool. No charge but we tipped the velador> QTLA knows of lots of safe spots!

Moisheh

joelc

Cedar Point, NC

View Profile

Posted: 10/31/19 03:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Years ago we were told, but I don't remember where or when, that if you see a broken down RV on the side of the road do not stop, but call it in. Unfortunately, years ago we could trust others, but today you don't know who the other guy is and you must curb your instinct to help your fellow man.

qtla9111

Monterrey, Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 10/31/19 05:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This isn't a comment directed at anyone in particular, but we've been through this before. I live in the north and we rv around these parts many times a year and do it boondocking.

The funny part of rver mentality is the belief that the border is the most dangerous area.

The reality is that rvers tend to be drawn to the most dangerous states in the Mexican republic which are; Sonora, Sinaloa, Michoacan, Guerrero, Hidalgo, and Guanajuato.

Lots to be seen in the northern states.

I get crazy when I hear people say, "beat feet across the border and head south". If they only knew.

2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Mexico and South America

> Watch for this rig in Mexico but do not approach
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Mexico and South Amer...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS