cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cover Advice

Knewsham
Explorer
Explorer
Can the cover be put on when the RV is wet? Concerned about tapping moisture.
6 REPLIES 6

Knewsham
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks. I'll clean it off best I can and hope for the best.

Cobra21
Explorer
Explorer
Most have the upper sidewall vents in the cover. Ours does and the wind does blow through them well enough to dry if the temp. or sun get warm enough.

Knewsham
Explorer
Explorer
Good inputs. Darn cover arrived the day of freezing rain and now I have 2 inches of snow on it. If I get a few days above freezing I'll try to dry it off some. Thanks.

olfarmer
Explorer
Explorer
I used to cover mine but I think it would be best if it was dry. That being said, I put it on dry and still had trouble with it freezing down on the roof if I wanted to use the motor home in the winter. I solved the problem by putting some things on the roof to hold the cover up so it wouldn't freeze down. I didn't have any trouble with mildew or mold.
Ed & Ruby & the 2 cats
2001 Winnebago Brave 30W
7.4 gas Work Horse Chassis
99 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
I wouldnโ€™t put a cover on when the RV is wet. Yes, โ€œtappingโ€ is also a concern.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
Supposed to be breathable but I would make sure it's dry first. Seems to me like it would grow mold and mildew.
2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS