Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Jensen JWM9A sound system speaker issue
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Jensen JWM9A sound system speaker issue

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
noteven

Turtle Island

View Profile

Posted: 11/01/19 10:08am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My < 2ys old camper has a Jensen JWM9A sound system. There are 6 speakers in 3 speaker “zones”. The one pair will “cut out” when set at a low volume, but will speak fine when the volume is turned up. But not always. Sometimes they work fine. The “cut out” cannot be replicated - it is random.

Any ideas?

Thanks

MFL

Midwest

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/01/19 10:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The intermittent problem you describe, IMO, would suggest a bad wiring connection. Can you access the speaker connections to verify a good clean contact.

Jerry

WVcampground

WV

View Profile

Posted: 11/01/19 11:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MFL wrote:

The intermittent problem you describe, IMO, would suggest a bad wiring connection.

Or it might suggest bad voice coils in the high end audiophile grade speakers used in an RV. You know, the ones the manufacturer pays about $5 each for.

noteven

Turtle Island

View Profile

Posted: 11/01/19 11:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MFL wrote:

The intermittent problem you describe, IMO, would suggest a bad wiring connection. Can you access the speaker connections to verify a good clean contact.

Jerry

I haven’t chased a loose connection yet because increasing the volume on the base unit causes the speakers to speak when they have “cut out”. Can a loose connection cause that? There is no static when they quit or start up again...

Thanks

MFL

Midwest

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/01/19 12:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

noteven wrote:

MFL wrote:

Jerry

I haven’t chased a loose connection yet because increasing the volume on the base unit causes the speakers to speak when they have “cut out”. Can a loose connection cause that? There is no static when they quit or start up again...

Thanks

I can't answer that question, but only letting you know where I'd start looking. In a previous FW my speakers a-b were wired together from factory, would back feed/squeal when set to b. I rewired them each to their own, problem solved. I doubt the people that install many of these electronics have any real training/knowledge.

Jerry

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Jensen JWM9A sound system speaker issue
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.