cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

That time of year

Jebby14
Explorer
Explorer
Last night I tucked my rig into her spot for the winter. Lines are blown out and the pink stuff is in. her cupboards are empty and closets are clean. This sucks............

Post some camping pics for me. I miss it already.
Q: Whats brown and sticky???

A: A Stick....
26 REPLIES 26

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
I winterized my rig about 3 weeks ago.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
This has really been an "off" year for us. We haven't camped since mid August. I've been an acting supervisor at work from mid August through the end of October, so I couldn't take off time to go camp. Was hoping to camp this weekend, but temps will be below freezing and we have a 10 month old so the wife doesn't want to take her out in those cold temps. That means I'll likely winterize tomorrow or Friday and not use it again until the beginning of February when we head to Florida for 3 weeks... then winterize again until Spring.

We've never gone this long without camping since we started camping as a family 9 years ago... It'll be 5.5 months of no use.
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

js218
Explorer
Explorer
Jay Peak in northern Vermont is good also.
2017 Haulmark 45' Super C 600hp, 12 speed I shift transmission, tandem drive axles, 3 stage engine brake, towing 26' trailer with an 08 explorer inside.
Jim

Jebby14
Explorer
Explorer
NY and Vermont have some special skiing too if you like glades and moguls. Killington is awesome so is Smugglers notch in Vermont. Bristol less so but MUCH closer. Whiteface (Lake Placid Olympics) is in between.

God I miss it.

Jebby14
Explorer
Explorer
the strength of your dollar will help. Look into the less popular resorts. usually cheaper than skiing in Ontario and Michigan aside from airfare. Kicking horse and Panorama come to mind. NOT beginner resorts what so ever. Remember a double black is a blue out there.

ZINGERLITE
Explorer
Explorer
Jebby14 wrote:
I'll take a ski trip over any other. My favorite thing to do with clothes on. With the kids as small as they are, the flatness of where I live and the limited vacation time/funds I cant see too many of those happening. Been too long since I've skied the west coast (or the east for that matter) do have a major Disney trip coming up though ๐Ÿ™‚

Its usually the local hills in SE MI they suck but their close. maybe the occasional trip to Boyne mt. Out west would be really great. maybe some day!

Jebby14
Explorer
Explorer
I'll take a ski trip over any other. My favorite thing to do with clothes on. With the kids as small as they are, the flatness of where I live and the limited vacation time/funds I cant see too many of those happening. Been too long since I've skied the west coast (or the east for that matter) do have a major Disney trip coming up though ๐Ÿ™‚

ZINGERLITE
Explorer
Explorer
You just need more toys! Put the camper and boat away and got the snowmobiles tuned up and ready to go. I can feel a couple ski trips and ice fishing in the future as well!

2012Coleman
Explorer
Explorer
I've got a week reserved at Hilton Head Harbor at the end of the month. Going to bring my Weber and smoke a turkey.
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

smarty
Explorer
Explorer
We live in New Mexico and are able to camp year around.

A bit nicer than our days in northern Michigan!

GrandpaKip
Explorer
Explorer
Weโ€™re winterized, too. Will be unwinterizing in February for a jaunt to Florida and then doing it all over again.
Kip
2015 Skyline Dart 214RB
2018 Silverado Double Cab 4x4
Andersen Hitch

Trekkar
Explorer
Explorer
Rig is winterized, but dry camping season is in full swing. Snow shoes are ready!
2014 Dodge Ram 1500
2021 Salem SFX 167RBK

Jebby14
Explorer
Explorer
to all you southerners enjoy your season. ill be back out early spring.

jspringator
Explorer
Explorer
I was hoping to avoid winterizing until after my FL trip in a couple of weeks. No joy. Going down to 24 one night next week. Blew all the lines, drained the tank and pink popped the drains. My water pump won't pull antifreeze from a bottle, so I found a pump that hopefully will let me pump through the city water inlet. It will be easier than blowing the lines.
Jim & Sherri
02 Winnebago Sightseer 27c Class A;
"Scout" Springer Spaniel, gone but not forgotten;
"Boo" Chocolate Labradoodle.