cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Winterizing Washer

Land_Yachters
Explorer
Explorer
I see there are many winterizing questions and hope this specific question has an easy answer. Just picked up Tiffin 33 in time to winterize! I have successfully blown out lines and have anti freeze for drains/tanks, but even after reading Splendide manual for washer,I can't get to intakes for unit. I REALLY am trying not to use Anti Freeze for any water intakes, but don't see a way to avoid it unless I can figure out way around this. If I have air pressure in system and run washer, will the air blow it out? Then use Anti freeze to drain?
Appreciate the insights of the group.
Land Yachters
Griff, Ali and Coco
Philadelphia, PA
2018 Tiffin 33AA
2018 Grand Cherokee
4 REPLIES 4

memtb
Explorer
Explorer
On ours (GE SpaceSaver), I pour about 1/2 gallon antifreeze into the tub and start machine in “spin cycle”. It pumps the water to the drain......effectively winterizing the water pump! memtb
Todd & Marianne
Miniature Schnauzer's - Sundai, Nellie & Maggie Mae
2007 Dodge Ram 3500, 6.7 Cummins, 6 speed manual, 3.73 ratio, 4x4
2004 Teton Grand Freedom, 39'
2007 Bigfoot 30MH26Sl

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
Most likely the water supply lines to the washer will be at risk and not the washer itself. Mine gravity drains the internal piping in the washer as soon as the cycle stops. Running the dryer then pretty much dries out the washer.

Of course, paying a tech to pull the washer out and repairing the supply lines would probably cost more than the Splendide. If you're serious about not using the pink stuff, pipe a drain into the fresh water supplies.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
bid_time wrote:
For $4 worth of antifreeze you willing to gamble a $300 - $400 washer?

More like a $1000
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks

bid_time
Explorer
Explorer
For $4 worth of antifreeze you willing to gamble a $300 - $400 washer?